Question of all time

maxdog

Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 12:16 pm
If you have the opportunity that after you die you can come again in this world ( so it will mean you come to a random life) and you have the choice to do so, what will you do and choose ? Come again or not ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 688 • Replies: 36
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 10:07 am
@maxdog,
A random 'human' experience, from any time period?
Or any existence, in any Form, whenever?

Have a Lovely Day
maxdog

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:09 pm
@mark noble,
Let s keep it human for now.

Thanks I ll try to have one .
livinglava

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:13 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

If you have the opportunity that after you die you can come again in this world ( so it will mean you come to a random life) and you have the choice to do so, what will you do and choose ? Come again or not ?

What's the alternative if you don't?
maxdog

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:34 pm
@livinglava,
If you don t want to come again it will be just as it is as we know it .
mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:40 pm
@maxdog,
Are you saying - I may return, but only upon your chosen limitations' construct?

Have a Lovely Day
livinglava

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 12:44 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

If you don t want to come again it will be just as it is as we know it .

What does that mean?
maxdog

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:47 pm
@mark noble,
no just simply come to the world again and you can in any situation that exist .

here is night but thank you anyway
maxdog

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 01:48 pm
@livinglava,
lol

you have just to choose if come again or not , I am going to have a yes or no here lol ?
livinglava

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 02:03 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

you have just to choose if come again or not , I am going to have a yes or no here lol ?

I don't think there is necessarily a perceivable difference between going to purgatory after dying or being reincarnated into this world. I think the world works in a way that can allow people to purge their sins without having to live in some kind of separate state of existence that is knowably different from this world.

So when you ask, "would you want to come back to this world after dying or not," I already assume that there is eternal life beyond death and that we go on dealing with the discipline it takes to purge us of sin.

So I was just curious what other alternatives you imagine to life after death, because to me it seems like we don't have any other choice but to continue living in what basically amounts to this world until we are granted full deliverance from it.

I assume you either mean that people could just permanently lose consciousness after death and thus not have to return, or that they could immediately go into some eternal heaven that doesn't require them to suffer through any more purging of sin. Is there some other alternative you envision besides these two options?
maxdog

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 02:10 pm
@livinglava,
Ok forget the situation that you die and you have the opportunity to come back.
I know it s impossible but, let s say before you was born you have the chance not to come in this world , would you come ?

All I mean in the end of the day is if you like how things are for the living creatures here .
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 04:31 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Ok forget the situation that you die and you have the opportunity to come back.
I know it s impossible but, let s say before you was born you have the chance not to come in this world , would you come ?

All I mean in the end of the day is if you like how things are for the living creatures here .

Well, it's the same question: what is the alternative.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, so the energy that you are before being born has to go somewhere, do something. So you might ask if you had the choice to come to Earth or stay in the sun, what would you choose? Or if you had the choice to go to some other planet in this solar system besides Earth, would you and, if so, which one would you choose and why? e.g. what do you think it would mean to be a conscious form on one of those planets where no life exists as we know it? etc.

I, personally, don't think that the experience consciousness goes through any other place in the universe is ultimately different from what it goes through on Earth. There is suffering and joy in various ways for various forms. You might think you'd rather be born as a housecat who just gets fed and gets to hang out at home all day, but then you might get bored or you would hate that there's an aquarium that you've never been able to figure out how to get to the fish, idk.

The bigger issue is would you choose a lower life form so that you could be spared the duty of making responsible choices? Or do you prefer to be human (or some other sentient life form elsewhere in the universe) in order to take on that duty?
nacredambition

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:48 pm
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 09:03 pm
@maxdog,
Do I get to keep my memories of this life?

If not... then I don't think it counts as me.
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:26 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do I get to keep my memories of this life?

If not... then I don't think it counts as me.

If you woke up with amnesia, or otherwise lost all your memories and/or got stuck in a different body with a different brain, history, etc.; wouldn't it still be you experiencing life within the new body?

You might not experience yourself as having the same identity, but you couldn't escape the fact that you were experiencing existence.

E.g. if someone showed you evidence proving to you beyond a doubt that one week ago you exchanged bodies with some other person, but because all your memories stayed with your old body, you would have no memory of anything except those memories stored in your new brain, i.e. the one you currently have; then you would remember your life as always having taken place in your current body without ever having existed in your old body, i.e. because memory is a re-construction of the past, not direct access to it.
mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:24 am
@maxdog,
I believe there is only 1 omniversal consciousness - And EVERY part (In the 'show') is 'that' consciousness.

Everything is Everything.

The 'realisation' of Which - Is seperated by Ego (Self-identity).

So, when I see You, I just see an alternate experience - experiencing itself in an alternate form.
We Don't 'Come back', Max - We Never leave.

We ARE everything - We are God.
Listen to 'Coming Back to Life' (David Gilmour/Gilmore - Pink Floyd) God-Conduit ,- Free on youtube - Learn.

I'm 'coming back' as Everything... So Are you.

Have a Lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:30 am
@livinglava,
Well put.

You are, certainly, tuned-in, LL.
Would you like to, actually, Connect?

More often?

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:35 am
@maxdancona,
"Me" and "I" are egoidents - But, as I've learned, impossible to 'convey' anything to 'sub'-ego, without using.

clever play, by 'source'.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 08:06 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
If you woke up with amnesia, or otherwise lost all your memories and/or got stuck in a different body with a different brain, history, etc.; wouldn't it still be you experiencing life within the new body?

This is a good question. I believe the answer is no. It would not be me.

This person wouldn't love my kids, or care about friends, or have the passions I have. It would be the equivalent of a clone.

But it wouldn't be the same person.
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

This is a good question. I believe the answer is no. It would not be me.

This person wouldn't love my kids, or care about friends, or have the passions I have. It would be the equivalent of a clone.

But it wouldn't be the same person.

If there was a clone of you, it would have the same body but it would appear to you as a different person from yourself. I.e. you would not see through its eyes.

What I am talking about is if you were transferred to another body so you see through the eyes of that body, think with its brain, AND remember only memories within its brain.

So you would remember yourself as always having been in that body, yet you might have only transferred into it a week ago, or this morning when you woke up.

In fact, for all we know we might have entered our bodies with all their developed brains and memories for the first time this morning when we all woke up.

Bodies/brains could be like library books or rental movies that souls check out for a few days and then vacate to move to another. As long as the same brain and memories stay with the same body, each soul perceives itself as having lived in that body since birth.

How would you prove that this is not how consciousness works? Answer: you can't. You assume that your memories are yours because you have to other information to contradict it, but if souls can transmigrate between living bodies on a day-by-day basis, then there would be no memory or evidence of that.

1. Forums
  2. » Question of all time
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:22:04