sexual allegation political tactics

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:55 pm
Sexual allegations predictably occur at strategically opportune moments in political races these days. It's actually quite amazing that no one ever accused Obama of any kind of sexual misconduct, considering his unpopularity with so many people and thus the impetus there would have been to figure out a way to accuse him whether or not there was some legitimately offensive incident in his past.

The latest headline in the Reade-Biden media narrative, after Biden has effectively avoided reacting either affirmatively or negatively to the allegation by simply telling people not to vote for him if they believe allegation, is that several of Reade's friends are discrediting her character.

Presumably this means that someone has decided it is more tactically effective to attack an alleged victim's character to discredit her allegation by finding female-friend critics than, say, male friends. Basically it seems that the #believewomen movement has established a culture of rejecting anyone who discredits any allegation of female victimization, so the question is whether this female-friend-character-assassination will work or if it will be discredited as a politically-motivated attack on her in order to protect the party nominee from losing votes in November.

All this use of public sexual allegation to stimulate public animosity for high-profile politicians is a disturbing convergence of personal and professional politics, but the question is how the tactics of public perception are evolving with each new allegation narrative.

E.g. do you think that Reade and her allegation of Biden will be successfully discredited and abandoned by means of publishing her female-friends character attacks against her? If so, do you think that this tactic will remain a go-to defense for politicians seeking to buy their way out of such allegations in the public eye?

Further, do you think the public is really swayed by these character-attack battles, or do you think people are just staunchly partisan and they feed on character assassinations of the high-profile politicians they oppose because of a culture of sexual misconduct allegations as political ammunition and the media attention it engenders?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 367 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 12:13 pm
It’s not going to be an issue. The Repubs aren’t going to push it since Trump has skeletons in his Own closet and the Dems don’t have a backup candidate if a coup happens at the Convention. His downfall would be if any other women come forward with similar accusations.

So there you have it. The choices are Trump or Biden with their respective political and economic philosophies behind them. Pick your poison.

livinglava

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 01:38 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

It’s not going to be an issue. The Repubs aren’t going to push it since Trump has skeletons in his Own closet and the Dems don’t have a backup candidate if a coup happens at the Convention. His downfall would be if any other women come forward with similar accusations.

So there you have it. The choices are Trump or Biden with their respective political and economic philosophies behind them. Pick your poison.

So you basically see the politics of tactical sexual misconduct allegations culminating in a cold war type standoff of mutually-assured destruction of each others' political careers?

I guess the kompromat industry thus becomes something akin to the military-industrial complex, where more political conflict results in more money from both sides.

So now the question is how the kompromat industry is run. How are dirty secrets coaxed into being, recorded, and brokered? Are there entire networks of prostitutes, hotels, massage parlors, etc. that are all operating with the intent of producing, storing, and brokering kompromat?

Is it like the Hollywood casting couch, where politicians have to 'give it up' to get their foot in the door? I.e. Do they have to generate some kompromat of themselves in order to buy their way into a political race? I mean, could it be that no one can get any financial support in politics except by putting their head on someone's chopping block by issuing some dirt on themselves to hold as collateral?

If so, should something be done about it, or should we just accept it as part of politics?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:39 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
So now the question is how the kompromat industry is run. How are dirty secrets coaxed into being, recorded, and brokered? Are there entire networks of prostitutes, hotels, massage parlors, etc. that are all operating with the intent of producing, storing, and brokering kompromat?

Where did you get this from? All the examples we have are for people who worked with the politician in question.

For someone who doesn't like sex, you have a very active fantasy life.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:42 pm
I don't think Tara Reade will have any impact on the presidential race. I think votes are pretty locked in. At this point you are either voting pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

I do think that Tara Reade marks the last nail in the coffin for the #MeToo movement. The hypocrisy of the left is obvious here, and this inoculates men of any political stripe from similar chargnes in the future (unless there is real proof).

I also think Kristin Gillebrand owes Al Franken a sincere apology.

0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Where did you get this from? All the examples we have are for people who worked with the politician in question.

For someone who doesn't like sex, you have a very active fantasy life.

I can't tell whether you are one of the bad guys or just in denial that the bad guys can be your colleagues.

Criminals and blackmailers are not all street hookers working in massage parlors with hidden cameras.

Human trafficking is not all poor migrants trying to cross the southern border.

Try using your imagination for something other than 'fantasy life' and you will see that smart criminals don't come through the front door and if they do, it might be in a Trojan horse.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:51 pm
@livinglava,
That has nothing to do with this story... or any other story you have mentioned.

Tara Reid was an employee. She was hired to work for Joe Biden's office. Your wild conspiracy theory makes no sense.
livinglava

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That has nothing to do with this story... or any other story you have mentioned.

Tara Reid was an employee. She was hired to work for Joe Biden's office. Your wild conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Ok, you tell me why this allegation comes out in the media at this moment when Biden has been established as his party's nominee.

Are you claiming that no one is conspiring to use the allegation of misconduct as part of a larger political strategy?

I.e. are you claiming there's nothing more to the timing than the fact she just couldn't stand to watch his political career progress any further . . . after seeing him become and stay vice president for eight years?

Your denial that there is strategic planning behind these tactical misconduct allegations is baffling. How can you not think there is more to this than a single individual independently choosing to report an incident?

Are you a person who saw the second plane hit the tower and thought, "huh, what a coincidence . . . now all the conspiracy lunatics are going to swear there was something more to this than two random terrorists accidentally plotting the same attack on the same target on the same day and time?"
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:58 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Are there entire networks of prostitutes, hotels, massage parlors, etc. that are all operating with the intent of producing, storing, and brokering kompromat?

Quote:
you tell me why this allegation comes out in the media at this moment when Biden has been established as his party's nominee.

You are being silly again.

These two things are not related.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » sexual allegation political tactics
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:02:28