For $10,000, Woman Tattoos Ad on Forehead

Reyn

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:20 pm
For $10,000, Woman Tattoos Ad on Forehead

Newsday.com
By The Associated Press
June 30, 2005, 9:40 AM EDT

SALT LAKE CITY -- For $10,000, Kari Smith has gone ahead and had her forehead tattooed with the Web address of a gambling site.

Bountiful, 30, who sold her unusual advertising space on eBay, said the money will give her 11-year-old son a private education, which she believes he needs after falling behind in school.

"For the all the sacrifices everyone makes, this is a very small one," she said. "It's a small sacrifice to build a better future for my son," she said.

"To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me, $10,000 is like $1 million. I only live once, and I'm doing it for my son," she said.

Tattoo artist Don Brouse said he and his staff spent nearly seven hours Wednesday trying to talk Smith out of putting "GoldenPalace.com" above her face. When he did go through with it, he kept the inch-tall letters close to her hairline, where bangs or a hat could provide some cover.

Smith's eBay auction attracted more than 27,000 hits and 1,000 watchers. Bidding reached $999.99 before Goldenpalace.com, an Internet gambling company in the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake, Canada, met Smith's $10,000 asking price.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 497 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Mintcake

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:17 pm
Poor woman. *cringe* Doesn't sound too good huh. Wonder if it has to stay there for a specific length of time and how much it'd cost to get it lazered off.......
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:22 pm
Damn,
I was the $999.99 guy, and "mormonpanties.com" had sooo much potential.

Damn.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:37 pm
OOOoooooooooo . . . Mormonpanties.com . . . i love that site ! ! !

I really get off on the photos of some Mormon lady flashing her white cotton panties under her mother hubbard . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:01 am
oh my....
this just CANT be true?
for only 10,000?
Well..i guess it takes all kinds.

( oh yeah, those arent REAL mormons in those panties by the way.. they are just actors. ;-) )
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:20 am
shewolfnm wrote:
this just CANT be true?
for only 10,000?

I guess people get desperate.....and then they get stupid. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:25 am
I guess so!!

There are a few things i would do for 10,000
Hell.. even some PEOPLE I would do for 10,000
Embarrassed did I say that outloud? Laughing

but a tatoo on my head? Oh jeeezzeee
First of all, 10,000 wouldnt be ENOUGH no matter how desperate . Second, if this woman had to money to afford the advertising slot on ebay for this, why didnt she just use that money to hire a tutor?!!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:09 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Second, if this woman had to money to afford the advertising slot on ebay for this, why didnt she just use that money to hire a tutor?!!!

I am completely ignorant about things to do with ebay. I've never even been to the site. No reason to. Is it that expensive to advertise there?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:28 am
i dont think so.
BUT I have heard that people have to pay a small percentage for what they advertise to sell.
A small percentage of 10,000 could be a couple hundred I would think..
there is tutor money for her child.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » For $10,000, Woman Tattoos Ad on Forehead
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:15:41