Iphone 8 or Samsung S8?

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 12:56 pm
I want to buy a new phone and I really like these two, but I can't decide on one. Which one do you recommend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 447 • Replies: 8

Sturgis

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:08 pm
@ramonable2,
Always go with Samsung. Android devices are easier to work with.
engineer

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Agreed. Get the S9 over the S8 if you can.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:52 pm
@ramonable2,
I agree with Engineer and Sturgis, Android has its advantages.

That being said, this is a personal decision. There are many people who prefer iPhone. If you could go to a phone store (after the crisis you can), they will let you try them out and you can see the differences for yourself.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:54 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
over the S8 if you can.
we got S8+'s two years ago... we are very happy with them...
engineer

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 06:09 pm
@Region Philbis,
The s9 supports the 600MHz band. That gives a coverage boost in rural areas.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 10:59 pm
@engineer,
Im looking for a new phone too. I am giving up on my Samsung & (camera). Is the S9 the one with the multi lens camra?
Why do you say S9? is the coverage boost really that noticeable??

I also like Android stuff, functions are quicker on the draw.
engineer

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 06:04 am
@farmerman,
No, the S9 is pretty much like the S8 (which my wife has), slightly better camera, better placement on the touch sensor. I think the new S20 has the multiple lens camera. The 600Mhz band is only noticeable if you travel through rural areas and mostly on T-Mobile who is leading the charge to fill gaps in their coverage. (That's the old UHF TV spectrum.) When I travel across NC, there is a stretch of US74 where it makes a difference. 600Mhz is still pretty new, so it could be an improvement going forward.

My S9 is great, the pictures are great. My son has an S9 also and his nature pictures are absurd they are so good. I guess you can always get a slightly better camera, but I wonder if we're at the point of diminishing returns.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 11:44 am
@engineer,
I keep my S7 as a back up camera and now that I need a new phone, I want to focus on the cameras and note taking capability. When Im out in the field I still take a notebook and use my Canon DSL. The camera is still a great deal ahead but the phones have caught up in ordinary shots and some pro stuff. (A guy did an Ansl Adams style series on the ARches park and used the Black and white mode of his iphone. You do have a limit with making a blowup.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Iphone 8 or Samsung S8?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/10/2024 at 04:26:28