Cow farts emissions

maxdog

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 05:37 am
My friend still stressing me till this day about that cow emissions are making global warming more than all the cars of the world and that they are the true cause .

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 10:11 am
@maxdog,
Your friend is a moron. First, this warming trend is a part of a pattern which can be traced back at least 18,000 years. The climate would be warming even if there were no humans. Second, the human effect is to accelerate and exacerbate the climactic warming which has been going on now for about the last 150 years. Third carbon dioxide emissions are the principle human-caused source of this acceleration and exacerbation; while methane is a problem, it doesn't match the effects of carbon dioxide. Finally, the largest single source of methane pollution is the petroleum industry.
maxdog

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 10:55 am
@Setanta,
Ok . Thanks for your info.

Should I tell him he is a moron or send a screen shot ?

I always believe it was nt but on my other thread no one said anything.

But he came up with some google evidence that I can t ignore so I asked for help .

I would feel better with more confirmations from different people .

Thanks
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:11 am
In April, 2016, Mr. Obama issued an executive order for the petroleum industry to limit (and eventually eliminate) methane emissions. Plump reversed that with an executive order last year.

Quote:
President Donald Trump's move to loosen methane emission standards is premised on the notion that the oil and gas industry produces relatively little of the pollutant. In fact, although methane has many sources, fossil fuel production is the No. 1 emitter in the U.S.

Source at CBS News (online)

This is a link to the Environmental Protection Agency's Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data page. That page includes links to other air pollution information.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:13 am
What makes you feel better is a matter of indifference to me. You should not judge such matters on anecdotal information (what "other people" say), but rather, on sourced information such as that which I provided in my last post. I'm done here, seeyabye.
Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 04:42 pm
According to the American EPA (linked in my second post in this thread), Methane accounts for 10% of greenhouse gases, while carbon dioxide accounts for just over 80% of greenhouse gases. While it is true that methane is a much more insidious and potentially damaging greenhouse gas, the petroleum industry accounts more than for six times the methane production as do livestock. According to the EPA, Texas accounts for 20% of all the methane emissions in the United States, which the EPA attributes to the petroleum industry. Furthermore, as the climate warms, permafrost "retreats," and as that happens, rotting vegetation formerly frozen in the permafrost puts more methane into the air.

The vegans don't want to eat meat, which is OK by me. But they don't want you or me to eat meat either, and they play fast and loose with the truth about methane, and nitrousoxide produced by livestock in the hope of attaining their goal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 05:12 pm
By the way, I like the use of cow farts. I use that term when ridiculing vegans.
maxdog

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:22 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks for your intervation.
I was really in need, my friend just want to say the opposite every time we debate and I think he have a mental issue .
Bye
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 10:24 pm
@Setanta,
Lol sorry about that , never meant, like that song MY FAULT from that album SlimShady lp
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 10:27 pm
Now you confused me with your evidence now, I was fully believed setanta , guess I have to keep searching which one of you is the most credible but thanks to you also . Maybe one day my friend finds peace.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cow farts emissions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 06:17:40