The new Louis CK special (I think he has lost something)

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:05 pm
I just watched the new Louis CK standup show (you can find it on his website at a cost of $7.99). Some of his stuff in the past was brilliant. I was honestly disappointed. There was probably 15 minutes out of the hour that was truly funny.

In his last section he addresses the scandal directly. If you are looking for an apology, you aren't going to be happy at all. But it was funny in a self-deprecating and kind of pathetic way that has long been his schtick.

If you like Louis CK (and you aren't boycotting him) it wasn't horrible. But I do think he has lost something. He is not at his best. When Louis CK was at the top of his game, he was clearly enjoying himself on stage. His comedy now seems forced.

Has anyone else seen the show?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 806 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 07:23 am
This is one of my favorite Louis CK clips from 2013 (maybe because it personally resonates). His best comedy is observational; looking at common things from a twisted and unexpected perspective.

0 Replies