The 300,000 masks the White House sent Illinois were the wrong ones.

coldjoint

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
How do you explain any of this?

Try propaganda.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:11 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
What exactly is the difference between an N95 mask and a surgical mask?

Up to now, I had figured you were merely pretending to be ignorant. Now, it is clear...you truly are.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:13 pm
@coldjoint,
Truth really hurts you, doesn't it?

Point out one untruth.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:27 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I only play a doctor in the movies. All I know is the experts say these are exactly the wrong masks. I bet if you google it, you'd get a better grasp of the technicalities involved. I don't need to know why the clock is broken. I only need to see its broken.

Then how do you know that people aren't just whining for more expensive masks that they don't really need? If you're interested in the topic, why don't you bother to figure out the reasons for what's going on?

Sure that had to be it, health professionals want Designer masks, something along the lines of Ralph Lauren or Chanel or Dior> They want all the other people to be dazzled by their style, their flashiness......only in your world you ridiculous clueless lemming. How's this, why don't you crawl out from under your rock "and figure out the reasons for what's going on?".....oy my ******* God, you're hopeless.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Truth really hurts you, doesn't it?

No, truth has kept Trump in office. And will keep him there for another 4 years.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
only in your world you ridiculous clueless lemming.

Only in your world would you call someone that who tries to participate and in a very civil way. See why Trump wins?
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:00 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

livinglava wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I only play a doctor in the movies. All I know is the experts say these are exactly the wrong masks. I bet if you google it, you'd get a better grasp of the technicalities involved. I don't need to know why the clock is broken. I only need to see its broken.

Then how do you know that people aren't just whining for more expensive masks that they don't really need? If you're interested in the topic, why don't you bother to figure out the reasons for what's going on?

Sure that had to be it, health professionals want Designer masks, something along the lines of Ralph Lauren or Chanel or Dior> They want all the other people to be dazzled by their style, their flashiness......only in your world you ridiculous clueless lemming. How's this, why don't you crawl out from under your rock "and figure out the reasons for what's going on?".....oy my ******* God, you're hopeless.
I was speaking to bobsal's post that he doesn't need to "why the clock is broken . . . only to see its broken."

I was pointing out that if he didn't know what's wrong with the masks they sent, then he would have no way to know whether they were just whining about getting the wrong ones because they want more expensive ones.

It's like the person who goes to the hardware store to get a tool, but they don't really know why one tool is better or worse than the other, so they just buy the more expensive one without knowing why, thinking it will be better without having any idea how or why except that it's more expensive.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:33 am
@livinglava,

"... supplies are scarce, especially masks - the government has let us down."

So stop spinning and pay attention.
livinglava

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

"... supplies are scarce, especially masks - the government has let us down."

So stop spinning and pay attention.

It's not 'spinning' to try to sort out exactly what's going on instead of propagating superficial political-economic messages like "supplies are scarce" and "the government has let us down."
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:09 am
@livinglava,
https://i.imgur.com/AI8ElJQ.png

He's not paying attention. Accusing health care workers of stealing supplies. Like you, blind accusation borne out of pure malicious whim.
livinglava

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

He's not paying attention. Accusing health care workers of stealing supplies. Like you, blind accusation borne out of pure malicious whim.

You started out talking about masks, and it turns out in retrospect all you were doing was playing more anti-Trump cards.

If you want to be as good at anti-Trump propaganda as you seem to want to be, you should be prepared to discuss the topics you are using as ammunition and not just shift around when confronted.

You could have been onto something with the 'wrong mask' issue, but then you dropped the ball when you didn't have a clue what the problem with the surgical masks was.

Go stretch your arm out and take another pitch later. You can strike Trump out if you really try, I believe in you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:14 pm
@livinglava,
Yammer, yammer, yammer.

Get back to me when you run out of baseless accusations and bunkum.

Pay attention, bubba - Covod19 does not care if your're a Trumpeteer or not.

What do you not get?

Pritzker: Federal government sent wrong type of protective medical masks to Illinois

https://www.kmov.com/news/pritzker-federal-government-sent-wrong-type-of-protective-medical-masks/article_9500d175-9cd2-5fd2-ad6f-c7263d11c3f2.html

By Chris Boyette and Caroline Kelly, CNN
Updated Mar 31, 2020 | Posted on Mar 31, 2020

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Monday that the federal government sent the wrong type of medical masks in a shipment that his state recently received. Instead, what Illinois received were surgical masks, which are not considered respiratory protection by the Centers for Disease Control and…

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Monday that the federal government sent the wrong type of medical masks in a shipment that his state recently received.

Pritzker, a Democrat, said at a news conference that the White House told him the state would receive 300,000 N95 masks from the federal government. The N95 respirator mask is what doctors wear when treating individuals infected with a virus.
Illinois Legislature

Gov. J.B. Pritzker speaks during a bill signing Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at the Thompson Center in downtown Chicago. (AP Photo/Amr Alfiky)
AP Photo/Amr Alfiky)

Instead, what Illinois received were surgical masks, which are not considered respiratory protection by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are not totally effective in preventing coronavirus transmission.

"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at the news conference.

"I can't emphasize enough how much we need the federal government to step up and amplify the size of their (personal protective equipment) deliveries to Illinois and, frankly, across the nation," Pritzker added.

The news comes as President Donald Trump has clashed with Democratic governors, who are navigating the deepening public health crisis in their states. The governors are at the same time confronting the President's demand for public praise and appreciation amid widespread criticism of the federal government's missteps in supplying testing and protective equipment.

Demonstrating their famously hot and cold work relationship, Trump accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo last week of requesting, and then improperly storing, too many ventilators as New York City and state struggle to keep up with the virus.

Trump went further in asserting that he had a "big problem" with the "young," "woman governor" of Michigan -- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer -- who he slammed as "way in over her head" and as someone who "doesn't have a clue" as she asked for medical equipment from the federal government.

This was the third federal shipment of personal protective equipment that Illinois has received and it arrived Sunday. Pritzker said that in its first request several weeks ago, the state asked for over 1.2 million N95 masks, 900,000 surgical masks, 1.6 million gloves, 24,000 gowns, 24,000 goggles, 120,000 face shields and 4,000 respirators -- but received "a fraction" of that, as it did with its second, larger request.

Pritzker also called on Trump to use the Defense Production Act to direct companies increase personal protective equipment production. Trump invoked the act on Friday to require General Motors to produce more ventilators to deal with increased hospitalizations.

If we have to do it ourselves, we do not need Trump, jail his larcenous, thieving, incompetent, lying ass.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Yammer, yammer, yammer.

Is exactly what you are doing repeating the topic of your OP. We already know the masks were not the right ones.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at the news conference.

I wonder if someone stole the N95s en route and replaced them with the surgical masks.

Quote:
If we have to do it ourselves, we do not need Trump, jail his larcenous, thieving, incompetent, lying ass.

Do you understand the concept of a Republic governed for the people by the people?

Question: What is the purpose of presiding over a Republic?
Answer: not to prevent people from having to do things for themselves.

Now if you want to talk about investigating and prosecuting crime, that is a job of the executive branch. And, no, not to investigate and prosecute the president in order to keep him busy so the criminals can get away with more crime.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:14 pm
@livinglava,
Well , now -----this just takes the cake:::::
livinglava's quote:
I was pointing out that if he didn't know what's wrong with the masks they sent, then he would have no way to know whether they were just whining about getting the wrong ones because they want more expensive ones.

It's like the person who goes to the hardware store to get a tool, but they don't really know why one tool is better or worse than the other, so they just buy the more expensive one without knowing why, thinking it will be better without having any idea how or why except that it's more expensive. "End quote"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to try another way to explain this to you. First of all, you seem to be willing to believe that medical professionals are clueless about how to protect themselves and their patients. Further you posit that the professionals are rejecting 'masks' because they are not expensive enough. Now lets take another look at that, if I understand your position correctly, you are willing to believe medical professionals whose very lives depend on the reliability of this protective equipment are like the hapless moron who waltzes into Home Depot looking for a good hammer, since he/she is completely clueless about how a hammer is supposed to work might dither for a nano-second and picks the MOST expensive hammer, because THATS how a smart person shops.

Do I understand your position???? Do you actually know anybody who does that???

Frankly, and this is as politely I can respond in what CJ calls a civil discussion, I think that is the most outrageously irresponsible position a rational person would ever take. To think that people on the front line, the men and women risking their health and life to take care of all the infected people are so vain they would reject protective equipment because it's not expensive enough, is farcical. Tragically, these ridiculous assumptions are going to get people killed.

livinglava

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm going to try another way to explain this to you. First of all, you seem to be willing to believe that medical professionals are clueless about how to protect themselves and their patients.

No, I just think there are people in every corner of society who lie and manipulate for business reasons. For every medical professional, there are lots of PR people, inventory people, shipping/logistic people, buyers, etc. etc.

You seem to assume that there are not lots of people in organizations corporations who manipulate whatever they can manipulate to make more money for whomever they can make more money for as long as they can get away with it and get some form of kickback.

Quote:
Further you posit that the professionals are rejecting 'masks' because they are not expensive enough. Now lets take another look at that, if I understand your position correctly, you are willing to believe medical professionals whose very lives depend on the reliability of this protective equipment are like the hapless moron who waltzes into Home Depot looking for a good hammer, since he/she is completely clueless about how a hammer is supposed to work might dither for a nano-second and picks the MOST expensive hammer, because THATS how a smart person shops.

Yes, I think there are medical professionals who have never given a second thought to the equipment they use besides it is the proper equipment they were trained with and told by their superiors were standard and that they should not accept anything less.

Lots of people don't have time or interest in thinking about all their needs critically. They just do what is standard and assume that anything else is sub-standard.

Quote:
Do I understand your position???? Do you actually know anybody who does that???

How many people do you know who critically evaluate every standard that they take for granted as part of their modus operandi? How many people do you know, on the other hand, who just take standards for granted and never bother thinking critically about them because it's not their job to do so?

Quote:
Frankly, and this is as politely I can respond in what CJ calls a civil discussion, I think that is the most outrageously irresponsible position a rational person would ever take. To think that people on the front line, the men and women risking their health and life to take care of all the infected people are so vain they would reject protective equipment because it's not expensive enough, is farcical. Tragically, these ridiculous assumptions are going to get people killed.

You are not trying to be polite. You are trying to be indignant to goad me into backing down from questioning people. It's like when a liar aggressively demands to know, "are you calling ME a liar."

Face it, people lie and manipulate. There are liars in every corner of society. There are people who exploit their positions in all sorts of ways and others who don't care and still others who facilitate them by assuming they couldn't possibly be bad people because they have attained some professional status, degree, job position, wealth, or whatever.

It's not immediately apparent who is lying/manipulating and who isn't because to be successful at it, they have to be subtle. Otherwise they'd probably be in jail by now, or at least out of a job.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:15 pm

Trump Axed Massive Mask Manufacturing Plan in 2018

April 4, 2020 at 3:54 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 144 Comments
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/federal-government-spent-millions-to-ramp-up-mask-readiness-but-that-isnt-helping-now/2020/04/03/d62dda5c-74fa-11ea-a9bd-9f8b593300d0_story.html

"SNIP.....

“In September 2018, the Trump administration received detailed plans for a new machine designed to churn out millions of protective respirator masks at high speed during a pandemic,” the Washington Post reports.

“The plans, submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services by medical manufacturer O&M Halyard, were the culmination of a venture unveiled almost three years earlier by the Obama administration.”
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:55 pm
Quote:
Fact Check: Trump Does Not Own Stake in a Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker

Quote:
According to Trump’s financial disclosure, he owns between $1,000 – $15,000 of Dodge & Cox fund.

Dox & Cox’s fund has 2.9% of its money in Sanofi.

Trump owns 2.9% of btw $1,000 – $15,000.

Trump owns $29 to $435 of stock.

lol NYT didn't think anyone would do the math. pic.twitter.com/ThjWpe34ry

— Cernovich (@Cernovich) April 7, 2020

Quote:
It would be accurate to claim that Trump has an interest in the prosperity of businesses around the globe, especially American companies. But it is inaccurate to claim he has a particular interest in the bottom line of Sanofi. Like most diversified investors, Trump’s stock portfolio benefits when the broad market rises and is not leveraged to the profits of one company.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/04/07/fact-check-trump-does-not-own-stake-in-a-hydroxychloroquine-drugmaker/
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:26:50