Corona GM conspiracy thread

livinglava

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 11:00 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

I have no interest in submitting to your evaluation of me by discussing my personal background with you.
I think thats a clear "NO I havent studied anything"

I've studied how you seem to be a fountain of facts and yet lack the kind of wisdom, grace, and higher awareness that I would expect of someone who has the kind of academic credentials that you appear to have.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 11:05 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There are two important parts to studying (other than just developing skills).

1) Everyone starts an education with a bunch of intuitions. A good part of these intuitions are wrong. You need to have you need to have your intuitions challenged so that you can weed out your ideas that don't work.

You have to intuitively accept something to move away from earlier assumptions. Yes, you held those earlier assumptions intuitively, but you also intuitively came to question them based on new things you learned and/or thought critically about.

If all you did was accept things and suppress your intuition, you failed at education because real learning requires intuitive grasp, not just learning something without deeply understanding it.

Quote:
2) You need to be challenged other people. The ideas in your head are all created the same brain. You can get misconceptions that you don't even know to question. Professors and peer will do that for you.

Why do you think I participate in internet discussions?

There's nothing wrong with academia except for all the problems that have evolved within it, and the exploitative costs, lending, unions, administrators, etc.

Do you happen to have noticed how academia has changed since the 60s and 70s when people had academic freedom, and self-structuring and honor were sufficient for free intellectuals to organize and manage their own disciplines?

Academia has been so corporatized now. Disciplines have become so structured and processes so formulaic. It has become an almost totally authoritarian system of control and exclusion/censorship on so many levels.

In large part, it is because academia has become a system for economic control and controlling who gets into which jobs. It should never have become that. It should have stayed affordable and let business decide for itself how to hire and train people for its own projects, not turn higher education into job training.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 05:00 pm
Has spendius reincarnated?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 05:03 pm
In case you missed it.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:35:01