My daughter is pressuring me about my life.

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:08 pm
My daughter is pressuring me about my life.She has been giving me a hard time about staying home with the current virus situation. I don’t live in a state with a Order but she does.
She’s mad at me if I go to work briefly even though most employees are working from home and I’m taking all the precautions and she’s mad at me and my boyfriend for him visiting on weekends to see me. She said she’s not gonna talk to me if I continue to do this. I didn’t tell her my boyfriend visited last weekend but she said my adult son told her he did but when I asked him he swears he didn’t and I believe him so I think she’s just trying to trick me. But I wasn’t sure so I told her really only visited for one day and she went ballistic. I’m not stupid but I do have to stop at work so I can work at home and we could technically stay open but only a few of us coming. I need to go to the food store and occasionally pick up work.
She said if I get sick and have to go to the hospital and there’s not enough respirators I will die. She doesn’t seem to have an issue with my son visiting but she does with my boyfriend. How do I straighten this out?

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:20 pm
@anxious6789,
Although I do not agree that your daughter should pressure you - you are an adult and can make your choices - but by you going out even if you are not currently in a state with an order - just going out you could potentially and unknowingly spread this virus. It is just for own safety and health but for those most at risk.

I have a friend fighting cancer and another with two sons that have compromised immune systems so anyone going out unnecessarily or having others come over unnecessarily can have an impact.

So please be considerate for those that this virus can kill.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:19 pm
@anxious6789,
What linkat said.

Also, sounds as though her actions are coming from love and concern. Some people are very frightened right now and I’m thinking your daughter may be expressing her fear as anger.

I would assume she is more concerned about her boyfriend visiting you than her brother because she loves him and is also fearful he will infect her.

Not sure why he is visiting you? Are you close or is he concerned for you?

Secrecy is not going to help

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My daughter is pressuring me about my life.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:51:53