Where are all the squirrels?

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:38 pm
Tossing peanuts to a squirrel which had been waiting for me on the path, I had a blue jay swoop down and grab the biggest one. I don't know how long I can keep sharing with them. The store was sold out of peanuts Wednesday.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
My youngest has a homework task of feeding the birds and photographing/recording them.

Our local greengrocers has plenty of birdseeds and peanuts.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
In these times, you just can't count on anything.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:30 am
I am just starting to see more - I saw a little red squirrel when I was outside and now I am seeing a bit more grey squirrels. We had one run out in the street when we were driving (for grocery pick up - gotta be clear why I was out) - I told my husband to slow down we have so few we can't hit one!
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 08:01 am
Ok, how do I get rid of them???

Two of them just gnawed through the kitchen screen and it's only April. Yes, they're cute. No, I don't want them in the house. The window was closed but now I'm worried about when the window is open!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 09:50 am
@neptuneblue,
They invaded my house some years back. I set a have a heart trap, baited with raw peanuts, and caught them and took them to the park.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 10:20 am
A couple of weekends ago, we replaced all of the weak or damaged soffits.

Last night, the light over the kitchen sink tripped off. We thought that was odd.

Today, as I'm typing this, I heard scratching. I go outside. Yep, there's 3 new holes in the soffit we didn't replace.

I hate those fat, furry ******* things.

This means WAR!!

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 06:51 am
@Linkat,
The other day I saw a squirrel couple merrily dashing from one branch to another of a lightly leafed tree. They seemed to be heading down to the ground.

No, sorry, I didn't get their names. Maybe the next time I'll do that.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:26:17