izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Linkat wrote:

The dogs have been quiet.

edgarblythe wrote:

A neighbor may have poisoned them.

Jeezus!

Sorry I'm being a twat, I know what you meant.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ah I doubt that - none of our neighbors seem to be like that.

I just could not imagine anyone around here doing that.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:22 pm
@Linkat,
I don't mean to be ugly about it, but in some neighborhoods it's a legitimate thought.
Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah when I was kid - the guy next door was like that.

I honestly don't know anyone in my neighborhood like that - doesn't mean there couldn't be one - just don't know of anyone.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 09:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's cruel.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
I agree. About a year ago they poisoned the squirrels in the park where I walk. I hated it. Now they are returning. I always bring a bag of raw peanuts for them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:41 pm
We lived nest door to the town butcher. One day, I found one of the cats (our cats lived outside) sitting by the front hedge, eyes wide, hard as a rock. "Hmm, must be dead." I thought. Then our other cat ended up dead. Then the dog across the street ended up dead. When the butcher's matched pair of white Spitz dogs were found poisoned, he and the wife took a trip to the city, but only Mr. Henry returned. His wife had been put in a home, and pets in the neighborhood stopped dying suddenly.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:25 am
@Setanta,
Oh dear Dog ...... that makes me very sad.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:52 am
I think it made Mr. Henry rather apprehensive.
0 Replies

LisaMcdowell

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:20 am
@edgarblythe,
They are sleeping because they are afraid of Covid - 2019. It is easy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:31 am
The self-styled Lisa McDowell doesn't look the least bit Scots. However, she does look rather Asian. Does China have its own troll farm à la St. Petersburg?
0 Replies

Wonderr

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:23 am
They are sleeping
0 Replies

xedulichminhduc

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:27 am
@edgarblythe,
My family is also raising 2 children, looks quite special
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 09:04 am
There are certain squirrels that have come to recognize me in the park. Today, despite all the joggers and the lawn mowers, four of them at different junctures came up to pose before me, awaiting some peanuts. I always give them three, which amounts to six actual nuts. That way they get a meal for now and something extra to "squirrel away."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:04 am
Saw two in the yard today! Playing away until the doggies saw them and then all h*ll broke loose - maybe it is the bigger dogs bark, She is about 30 pounds but barks like a dog 3x her size.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't mean to be ugly about it, but in some neighborhoods it's a legitimate thought.

I just gave more thought to this - this morning; funny because about an hour after I thought of this - I saw the two squirrels on our back deck....any way there are a couple of guys that I could see doing this now that I think about it.

The two live across the street from one another - they both have families - and the odd thing is they are both sort of stay at home dads. One his girls are older like mine - in college and a senior in high school so they don't really need him at home. He seems nice enough but he is an odd bird. He basically lives in his garage. The wife works at the same company as me, but he just "works" in his garage - I am waiting for some day when a rocket lifts off from his garage. Who the heck knows what he is building in there. Yeah I could see him not poisoning the creatures, but actually shooting them.

The other I do not know as well - his kids are younger in grade school. The two seem to buddy up alot during the day -- join each other and smoking and chit chatting - not sure where he gets the money - but he has these souped up cars. It seems like he works on his cars as his hobby but does not work - they obviously have money from somewhere because there are contractors over his house doing lots of work on it. Yeah he seems a bit rough around the edges - I could picture him poisoning squirrels. I could envision some getting into his garage and him setting out poison to keep them out.

We have gotten them in our garage - we found the small spots they could get in and just plugged up the holes - I think only the smaller red squirrels can manage to get in now and we don't get many of those.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:02 am
I treat the squirrels like uninvited guests in my yard. I don't mistreat any. But years back I fed them and they became so comfortable with me they thought they should live in my house. They made holes that allowed them to come and go. I trapped them and hauled them away. Then I put concrete siding up to keep any new ones out. I have several out there to tease the dog.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:17 am
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Me806y-mXTVVOnHt42pzd0BD6xyXYDt6yuC6CsOuXGcfN0Ew1MyqdANST2zAko4T5qv_C_Lju_CLZTpcO0pcRfmFERtLIfArTsMsLb9gi9S1vfSRGcmhN4E54uG_wJ3zFh84MXx4ZCCbiw
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
Whether true or false that one has me laughing still.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
It’s from Viz. I’ve been reading some old comics and came across that. I was pleased to find it online.

Sting also gets similar journalistic treatment.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:06:48