To Coronavirus deniers... at what point do you admit you are wrong?

Glennn

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 11:53 am
Here is a study found in the International Journal of Biological Sciences. It is Titled: A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health. Here is their conclusion:

Patho-physiological profiles are unique for each GM crop/food, underlining the necessity for a case-by-case evaluation of their safety, as is largely admitted and agreed by regulators. It is not possible to make comments concerning any general, similar subchronic toxic effect for all GM foods. However, in the three GM maize varieties that formed the basis of this investigation, new side effects linked to the consumption of these cereals were revealed, which were sex- and often dose-dependent. Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity. This can be due to the new pesticides (herbicide or insecticide) present specifically in each type of GM maize, although unintended metabolic effects due to the mutagenic properties of the GM transformation process cannot be excluded. All three GM maize varieties contain a distinctly different pesticide residue associated with their particular GM event (glyphosate and AMPA in NK 603, modified Cry1Ab in MON 810, modified Cry3Bb1 in MON 863). These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown. Furthermore, any side effect linked to the GM event will be unique in each case as the site of transgene insertion and the spectrum of genome wide mutations will differ between the three modified maize types. In conclusion, our data presented here strongly recommend that additional long-term (up to 2 years) animal feeding studies be performed in at least three species, preferably also multi-generational, to provide true scientifically valid data on the acute and chronic toxic effects of GM crops, feed and foods. Our analysis highlights that the kidneys and liver as particularly important on which to focus such research as there was a clear negative impact on the function of these organs in rats consuming GM maize varieties for just 90 days.

http://www.ijbs.com/v05p0706.htm
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 12:00 pm
Quote:

It depends. What do Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have to say about the issue?
livinglava

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 12:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Quote:

It depends. What do Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have to say about the issue?

Are you speaking for yourself here, or projecting your assumptions about others onto them?

I'm not saying you can't say what you think others think and do, but just be clear you're projecting, because otherwise someone could read your post and assume you are speaking sincerely about yourself, i.e. that you are a denier but you would admit you're wrong if Fox News and/or Rush Limbaugh convinced you.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 01:06 pm
@livinglava,
Oh there's no projection going on here. I don't deny the seriousness of CORVID19, and I follow the information provided by official sources. How about you?
livinglava

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 01:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Oh there's no projection going on here. I don't deny the seriousness of CORVID19, and I follow the information provided by official sources. How about you?

I guess you just don't realize that you spoke for deniers in your previous post.

By speaking for them, you were projecting your own thoughts about them onto them, but idk if you understand things you say or if you just say them because you think they sound good.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 01:14 pm
@livinglava,
You're misusing the term "project," and sarcasm eludes you.
livinglava

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 01:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

You're misusing the term "project," and sarcasm eludes you.

Now I get you were being sarcastic, but you don't seem to realize that interpreting sarcasm requires making assumptions about what you're reading.

I.e. in order to know you were being sarcastic, I would have to PROJECT my assumption that you are an anti-denier, anti-Fox News, anti-Rush Limbaugh person. I do assume that; but I wasn't sure since I haven't interacted with you for a long time.

I don't know what you think 'project' refers to, but it might refer to different things depending on how you use it. All I was talking about is you projecting your assumption that coronadeniers would change their opinion based on what Fox News or Rush Limbaugh says is assumptive, because you are not actually speaking from a personal viewpoint as a denier.

It would be like me saying that you would change your opinion about Trump if you found out he was working for Hillary Clinton. That might not be true, but I could project my assumption onto you and then you might say that my projection is false and that you wouldn't change your opinion about Trump even if Hillary Clinton gave him her official seal of approval.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:21:48