Census

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:15 pm
About four days ago my wife said the USPS site notified that we were receiving a census envelope that same day. To date we have yet to see that envelope. I wonder, did anybody, particularly from Texas, but anywhere else, get one yet? I hate to miss getting counted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 527 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I hate to miss getting counted.

From what I understand, if they don't receive a response they send out live census takers later.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nary a sign of the form as of yet. As hightor indicated, a person will come round if you fail to respond. From what I remember of 2010, they place an envelope with the form under the door of your abode.

If still no answer, a person will come knocking at your door. If no answer, they'll slip a message under the door, letting you know they were there. A phone number will be given to call.
(yeah, that's what happened to me in 2010. I had failed to respond initially to the form they'd sent, so, a person showed up, put a note under my door...)

Then there is the after-census returns time. Random calls are made to confirm your answers.

When I went looking, I located the Fed's internet pages about this census. https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond.html

It seems you can fill out the info online.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:57 pm
Thanks peoples. I feel fine about it now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 09:21 pm
I did the census today. While they did not ask if I am an illegal alien (Are you going to be living at this same address in April?) They wanted to know exactly what I am. White was not good enough. I didn't know exactly what I am before the spit test. I don't think it is right to dig so deeply into ethnicity like that.
0 Replies