Undoubtedly...

yes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:12 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I hear that Montana and west Virginia do not have any cases - try there

Montana has had reported cases for a couple days now.

Given the lack of testing, I'd not give much weight to the absence of reported cases in West Virginia.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:56 pm
I would not fly anywhere now, even Mexico. Sure today it's safe and you get a plane connection, but what about next week? It's too risky right now...so either take a car and travel within the US, or stay home and read a few good books!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 04:27 am
@maxdancona,
If you ever do get to Orlando, be sure to check out Park Avenue in Winter Park. It has lots of little shops, cafes, a pretty park, and fabulous homes. Not what you asked, though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:29 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Linkat wrote:
I hear that Montana and west Virginia do not have any cases - try there

Montana has had reported cases for a couple days now.

Given the lack of testing, I'd not give much weight to the absence of reported cases in West Virginia.

My comments were to be taken lighthearted - being a logical person I pull understand that just because none has been reported does not mean it is clear of any virus.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:07 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I recommend a tropical beach somewhere where there are few crowds.
Staying in US territory is advisable though. Perhaps the US Virgin Islands?

Americans are now being trapped in other countries as borders close:
https://www.pressherald.com/2020/03/19/windham-woman-and-daughter-stuck-in-peru-as-it-locks-down-its-borders/

Although, even though the US Virgin Islands are US territory, on reflection I think it might also be a good idea to go where you can rent a car and drive back home if there are no more flights.

So how about one of the less-populated Florida Keys?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Upstate New York is no fun (we are in driving distance and have family there). We have already seen our share of upstate New York.

Sad
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 08:31 am
@rosborne979,
We are looking at Carlsbad. Thanks Rosborne!

Now my daughter wants to drive by Roswell to see the aliens.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 03:43 pm
@maxdancona,
You better check ahead before pinning all your hopes on Carlsbad Caverns. An enclosed area such as it is, might be considered something of a breeding ground or fostering environment for Covid-19.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:15 pm
@Sturgis,
I will check, but that doesn't sound likely. The scientists and medical experts aren't telling use to avoid "enclosed areas". They are telling us to avoid contact with other people.

If there are a lot of people there, we will simply go elsewhere. It looks like there are several National Parks (and a military bases housing Extra-Terrestrials) in the vecinity.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 07:43 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

You better check ahead before pinning all your hopes on Carlsbad Caverns. An enclosed area such as it is, might be considered something of a breeding ground or fostering environment for Covid-19.

Although all national parks are supposed to be free during this crisis, the Caverns are closed. If you plan on going anywhere you should verify that they are open.

https://www.nps.gov/cave/index.htm

Cavern and Visitor Center are Temporarily Closed as of March 21
Following guidance from the CDC and state and local public health in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, the cavern and visitor center are temporarily closed. Park roads, desert trails, and picnic areas will remain open.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 10:25 am
Just in case people haven't already come to this conclusion. This trip is fantasy at this point. It isn't going to happen. My daughter and I will be staying at home, as requested, doing our part to try to fight this virus.

However.... we have decided that when the siege is lifted, Carlsbad Caverns is near the top of the list of places to visit. Thanks everyone for the tips!

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:12:49