Is this relationship abuse?

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 05:42 am
I was last in a relationship with a guy who demanded me for sex all the time! I could barely go to work and do normal things without him wanting it so much! I affected my job, friends and he once said I was useless if he couldn’t sleep with me for like one day/night. I began to feel really disgusting and dirty whenever I slept with him which didn’t feel normal. Was I being abused and didn’t realise it? also since him I have had long periods without having sex now with anyone, and have comfortably stayed celibate for a long while. Any advice would help a sad soul in need. TIA xx

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:06 am
@Lostgirl25,
It sure sounds like it was (I am not an expert).

You were pushed to do something you didn't want to do, were verbally attacked when you objected, and your needs, feelings, and desires weren't considered, kowtowing to the almighty penis.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:16 am
@Lostgirl25,
If you find yourself asking if something is abuse chances are it is. It's not a question people ask lightly, only after hours of contemplation.

You were with someone who put his wants over yours and became abusive when he didn't get his way. It was abuse.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:49 am
@Lostgirl25,
This doesn't sound like abuse to me. Actually, it depends on what "demanded" means. If he was physically threatening you, then it was abuse. If he was just asking/requesting or even begging too much... that is not abuse.

For other posters; would your answer be any different if the genders were reversed? I am not sure if anyone would consider it "abuse" if a man was complaining that his partner was asking for sex too much.

This certainly describes a bad relationship. There is nothing here that suggests any abuse. When two adults are in a consensual relationship, each person is responsible for their own feelings. Each person is responsible for leaving a relationship that isn't good for them.

Just because a relationship was bad doesn't mean that it was abusive.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:07 am
It is not that uncommon for the genders to be reversed; where the woman in a relationship has a much stronger sex drive then her male partner. I have been there, I imagine that many, if not most, of us have.

In a healthy relationship you talk it out. Each person is open about their needs and you work to meet them. In a good relationship everyone's needs are met. Sometimes, even when both people are acting in a healthy way, it becomes clear that a relationship doesn't work any more. In that case, you say good bye and move on.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 09:26 am
@Lostgirl25,
Max is our own resident incel loser, pay no attention to him.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 09:40 am
@izzythepush,
Hi Izzy.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:36 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy wrote:
incel loser

Yeah, first blood has been drawn. Izzy is an asshole.

This is political thuggery; an extreme form of feminism that every woman is in continual threat from men. The poster posted. There was one opinion expressed. I posted a different opinion. People are allowed to disagree. That should be all well in good.

Izzy feels it is his duty to defend helpless women from opinions that may offend their delicate sensibilities. I think Izzy sees himself as some White Knight rushing in when ever some fair maiden is under threat from an "incel" ogre. Izzy comes complete with a band of admirers who see their self-righteous quest.

I think there is a point to be made that women should be treated as adults. Adult women aren't children, they have equal responsibility in a relationship. Women can be as cruel and demanding as men can.

The Palidins of virtue-- such as our valiant Sir Izzy, want to shield the fair maidens of the internet from even having a discussion where more then one point of view might be expressed that might darken their delicate spirts.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:38 am
@maxdancona,
My main point on the topic is if you are believe in equality; the word "abuse" should be the same whether the behavior in question is done by a man or by a woman.

The idea that women are delicate creatures needing protection from men like Izzy is not a modern idea. Let's treat men and women alike as responsible adults.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:44 am
@izzythepush,
Paying no attention to him won't stop him whining, but if you have him on ignore you won't be bothered by it.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:45 am
@Lostgirl25,
Welcome to A2K btw, sorry about the arsehole.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Paying no attention to him won't stop him whining, but if you have him on ignore you won't be bothered by it.

This is funny! Izzy is my stalker. He literally follows me around from thread to thread to make the same inane insults in his righteous quest to defend women. That is the exact opposite of ignoring me.

If he would ignore me, Able2know, would be a much better place in my opinion. He never does.

Go ahead Izzy, ignore me. I dare you. I don't think you can do it.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 11:04 am
I think I am asking a fair question. In a relationship between two equally responsible adults, how do you define "abuse"?

Any definition should be have everything to do with behavior and nothing to do with gender. A relationship is between two people. Gender politics shouldn't play any part in it.

Some relationships are healthy, when both people treat each other with respect and meet each others needs. Some relationships fail in a respectful way as each person realizes it is no longer working and act responsibly. Sometimes people hurt each other as a relationship they invested in starts to end.

The word "abuse" should be left for actual "abuse", meaning threats or physical violence. If every bad relationship counts as "abuse", then the word has lost its importance.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this relationship abuse?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 08:16:23