Changing Flight -- Impossible!

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:06 am
Due to the coronavirus my daughter's school has increased their spring vacation another week and will have online classes through the end March. So she will not be flying back. The airlines have announced you can cancel your flight and then re-schedule anytime during 2020. It suggests canceling online.

I go online to cancel - it says you cannot cancel you need to reach out to your travel agent. Ok I go to orbitz similar I call and it says long waits you can cancel/reschedule online - so I go online pull up the flight details and again it says you need to call an agent at this number

Call the number - it says long waits - and then hangs up on me.

What the heck?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 251 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:12 am
@Linkat,
I've tried the internet chat and they say I need to talk with an agent - so when they connect the chat to the agent it says try again later -
roger

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 12:11 pm
@Linkat,
That's the world we live in today. Their way or the highway. I don't like it, either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 07:01 pm
They probably have an overwhelming number of people trying to do the exact same thing that you are trying to do.
Linkat

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 07:48 am
@oralloy,
Yes I figured that the annoying thing is online tells you to call and then when you call it says to change online ... just get the instructions right
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 08:19 pm
@Linkat,
Locally (Toronto) people have been heading out to the airport to cancel/change tickets directly at the airline desks. Since pretty much no one is flying anywhere, it's apparently the fastest way to do it - even with an hour or two drive added on. Seems nutso to me but I guess it is better than a couple of hours on hold as has been reported.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Changing Flight -- Impossible!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:43:49