Can I experience "rock bottom" without actually hitting it?

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm
Dont worry Bella,
I have video cameras installed.
;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:42 pm
At least SOMEONE is thinking of me....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:18 pm
Naked Twister? I'm game! Do I have to take my vest off? One can catch an awful chill that way.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:35 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Naked Twister? I'm game! Do I have to take my vest off? One can catch an awful chill that way.

Vests are optional, but underpants are off buddy, or you gotta go.

:wink:
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:25 pm
That's your idea of rock bottom, Kicky? Sounds like paradise.

When I hit rock bottom, I had just been fired from the carnival, I was wearing a tutu, up to my chest in the depths of a port-o-potty...you get the idea.

But that's all behind me now. That was like, days ago.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:09 pm
I know you're no longer wanting to vent or to get advice Kicky, so I'll be brief. Can you afford to get away from everyone & everything for your break? It doesn't have to be anything expensive. Just take some books & whatever else seems a good idea & GO! Best way I know of getting perspective! Very Happy
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:12 pm
Quote:
Is it possible to get to "rock bottom" like that? Do you think it might help me get some perspective?

In a nutshell? Naaah!

I don't think you're really going to get any insight from throwing up into the toilet. Well, maybe. You might realize, "this throwing up into the toilet thing really isn't helping." So, you might gain that, at least.

But sometimes, people just have to find out for themselves what works...as well as what doesn't.....

Sorry! Didn't mean to put a damper on your party!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:23 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Except while Kicky is getting hammered, I'm on weekend #2 out of 6 not drinking.

Slappy,

How is that going? I've been thinking of you, believe it or not. Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 11:30 am
Lady J wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Except while Kicky is getting hammered, I'm on weekend #2 out of 6 not drinking.

Slappy,

How is that going? I've been thinking of you, believe it or not. Smile

It's going fine. Last weekend, no problem. I think it's easy because I have a specific time frame I'm doing it for, only 6 weeks total. Of course I picked the absolute worst time of the year to do it.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:40 pm
No doubt! But I truly admire you for giving it a go, especially in the hot ole summertime. Does this mean at the end of 6 weeks we'll be having a celebration? Interesting thought just came to mind....after 6 weeks dry, do you think it will take less alcohol to get you buzzed than normal? You could be a cheap date if that were true. Smile
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:34 pm
Good going, Slappy!! Especially for trying to get through a holiday weekend without drinking! That's always tough. Hang in there!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:37 pm
Yeah, Slappy! Rah rah rah!!! You go girl!

I'll think of you when I'm puking in an alleyway tonight.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:43 pm
Now, let's not get bitchy....normally, I love that....but let's not get bitchy!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:46 pm
<slams a shot of 151 rum>

No problem!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:53 pm
Just give me a second...I need to catch up!! I'll be back!

Whether you like or not!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:10 pm
O.K. I'm having some wine tonight....not because I'm trying to drown my sorrows....actually, I'm feeling pretty hopeful at the moment....I'm just celebrating the long weekend. Let's just get that straight...right here and right now!

So...I'm ready to discuss anything...life...love...the pursuit of happiness...whatever.

If you want to, go ahead and post...if not...I may just post some stuff all by myself...or maybe not.....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
So the thing is......I knew from an early age that life wasn't going to be easy.....I knew it on the day that I, along with all the other girls in the fifth grade, had to go to the auditorium to see a film called, something like, "The Joys of Being A Woman" -- which turned out to be about menstruation.

Wowee. I remember sitting there, thinking, "Dayum!!"

And it only got worse. Then I found out about how babies were made. I had that moment, when I realized.....my parents must have done that!! I was shocked and appalled!!! I thought the whole world had gone crazy and I was the only sane person left...

O.K.....maybe I could see Dad going in for that sort of thing...but not Mom!!! Oh God.....not Mom!!! I got all Julius Ceasar about it....when he was stabbed by everybody....I was all..."Et tu,....Mom?".....

I actually had to just stay in my room for a whole weekend trying to get used to the idea....it just kept getting worse. I realized....Grandma and Grandpa must've done it too!!! How hideous is that? How f***ing scary is that? Dear God!!! Let's not even go there!!!

I have a friend who told me that when she found out the truth..."the big truth" her parents knew there was something up with her. Because she just stared at them for a whole week.....Didn't say anything....just stared at them for a whole week....Hee!

S'funny how we could get over anything when we were kids...even if it was traumatic!!! We found a way to accept it...then we grew up...and we "did it"!! And it didn't seem so bad then.....

more thoughts later....after I've had another glass of wine....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:59 pm
I'm on a roll....I need to start my own thread....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:36 am
I'll definitely see a drop in tolerance. My first night back on the booze train is going to be a sight. I'm definitely going to be on a mission to offend people and puke.

Another night out, not a drop of alcohol. But, I MAY have a beer tonight(this morning). Roomate is coming through in the clutch and bringing some broads back to the pad.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:52 am
Damn, Stray Cat was here all night, alone, drunk and vulnerable and I wasn't here to take advantage of that? Crap!

Stay Cat, I'll be drinking excessively all this week, so I will definitely be available the next time you feel thirsty.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:27:54