How come no one here uses the chat here?

Methen

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 05:03 pm
what I said above

Sturgis

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 05:07 pm
@Methen,
Many people might not even be aware it exists.

Years back, I looked at it and it didn't grab me.
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 05:57 pm
@Sturgis,
I wasn't aware of it until just now.

I'm unsure of the point of it.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 07:18 pm
@Sturgis,
We should have a discord channel to pretend to be more civil and have boring conversations about the weather...simple written chat doesn't cut it anymore.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 07:36 pm
Hearkens to the time nearly every website had to have a chat. I don't miss it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:24 am
i recall trying it a few times in the early days but it was hard to coordinate with other people's timing. it didn't work out as well as a weekly chat I used to have with merryandrew, debacle, dlowan, robert, roger and ??. I think there were 7 or 8 of us in total. that was fun - roger always complained everyone else typed too fast Laughing
Sturgis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Chat has almost always been a a matter of rapid typing skills. Chat rooms once were the big thing on the internet. Then forums took off and then various other types of internet communing.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:27 pm
@Sturgis,
I still chat through messenger, private groups and some through twitter . not as much in a scheduled way as I/we used to but the tippity tappity continues
Sturgis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:32 pm
@ehBeth,
My chat has as of late been with different services when addressing issues. Computer/electric bill/the food delivery service (when an item wasn't sent but I got charged...)/other
Some of them are painfully slow in responding. I have occasionally wondered if they left their station it takes so long.

As for Twitter, it never happened. Mainly since I never made a Twitter account.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:40 pm
@Sturgis,
I mostly use twitter to talk to music radio folks from our version of NPR (just got offered album release party ticket as a result of one such chat and an invite to be on a national book debate podcast as a result of another). I retweet some political stuff but music's my main thing on twitter.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 04:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, and now that my hearing has deteriorated, you probably talk too fast, too.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 07:28 pm
@roger,
bwahahahahahaha

that has always been, and will likely always be, the case (though Diane did say I had a Canajun drawl)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:45 pm
@roger,
Maybe if we all talk backwards, that'll slow it enough....

roger

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 12:16 am
@Sturgis,
I'm easily confused anyway. Thanks, though.
0 Replies

Methen

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 04:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
discord sucks
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How come no one here uses the chat here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:31:21