do you like Avril???

JZH

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:47 am
i like her music very much
she is a girl with a bell-clear voice and the ability to bottle youthful anguish and enthusiasm into tidy, infectious songs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,736 • Replies: 30
No top replies

agrote

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:44 pm
She is a manufactured pop star - I not only dislike her music, I am morally opposed to it. Having said that, I would gladly buy all of her albums if she were to offer me sex in return.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 12:41 am
She's ok...just heard that she got engaged to one of her band members.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:13 pm
Like her. Like her music.
She's from a very small community near my home town.
Actually, I love some of her music.
0 Replies

pannyoo

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 11:10 am
absolutely love
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
I have a friend who is mad for Avril--i was going to get him a t-shirt in Napanee when i was through there last, but my Sweetiepie is a big bully, and wouldn't stop . . .
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 01:22 am
To be honest she has a great voice but she seems so fake. I don't like her. but I'll admit I bought her first album.lets just say I was a bit tipsy the day I bought it, like I'm getting now Drunk i'm into more hardcore type of stuff like sex for example :wink:
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:08 pm
I agree with lildorys, she does seem very fake, and i cant call myself a fan of her music, however she is one of the very few female artists not devoted to flashing skin to sell music, which we must admire her for. but again thats mainly the people who market her that decide that. she's different, but somehow her image doesnt seem natural
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:47 pm
She 100% fake. She used to be a regular girly girl until she got signed to a record label. Now she thinks she's so tough and a punk rock diva. let me tell ya'll one thing: She's BULLSHITTING! I hate. I honestly thought she would be a down to earth chick when she first came out but it turns out the fame got to her and now she's a f*ckin little bitch! I'm sorry I'm just really frustrated right now and decided to take out all my rage on avril. have a nice day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:48 pm
Seems like dorys and angelina haven't met too many small-town Canajun women.
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:56 pm
Sorry. Just my opinion on avril I just don't like her whether she's from Canajun or mexico my opnion will always remain the same. Other than that I have no problems with Canajun women
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:58 pm
My point is that she's not that different from other young Canajun women of about her age. She is very much the kind of young woman I see when I go through, or to, the town she comes from. Far from fake - a standard-bearer of her type in fact.

It's part of what makes her interesting.

She's certainly not precisely the same young woman she was before she got a big contract - but all of us are different than we were a few years ago. Thank goodness.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:40 pm
ehBeth wrote:
My point is that she's not that different from other young Canajun women of about her age. She is very much the kind of young woman I see when I go through, or to, the town she comes from. Far from fake - a standard-bearer of her type in fact.

She's certainly not precisely the same young woman she was before she got a big contract - but all of us are different than we were a few years ago. Thank goodness.

You're very naive. I've never been to Canoodle, but it's very obvious to me that she is almost as much of a whore as someone like britney spears. She doesn't make music, she markets herself, just like any other manufactured pop star. She may not flash much skin, but it's no coincidence that she's a good-looking girl, and she's adopted a very fake but quite fashionable image in order to sell records to a certain demographic.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:42 pm
lildorys wrote:
i'm into more hardcore type of stuff like sex for example :wink:

I've been meaning to get into that. (For about 8 years). Haven't got round to it yet though...
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 05:05 pm
agrote wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

You're very naive. I've never been to Canoodle, but it's very obvious to me that she is almost as much of a whore as someone like britney spears. She doesn't make music, she markets herself, just like any other manufactured pop star. She may not flash much skin, but it's no coincidence that she's a good-looking girl, and she's adopted a very fake but quite fashionable image in order to sell records to a certain demographic.

Yep.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:20 pm
Like I said earlier, you don't know many young Canadian women.
I do.
I work with them. I spend time with them daily.
I know Avril's hometown verra verra well.
I was just there about two weeks ago.

You don't have to like her, or her music, but she is very Ottawa Valley. Particularly in her attitude. Stubborn.

Cool
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:32 am
one of my sisters mates went to see a show of avrils and went backstage, she wasnt really a fan but tagged along with a friend who was. whilst sat in the backstage area looking drawn from being up the night before and not being particularly interested in anything around her, Avril came up to her and offered her some m+ms.

Not sure what point my story has but i thought id post it anyway Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:44 am
She's ok.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:27 am
Avril writes her songs. That's impressive.

Why you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
Life's like this you
And you fall and you crawl and you break
and you take what you get and you turn it into honesty
and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it
no no no

She and Shania went through the bimbo mill at their respective record companies but I think their empowered stance cuts through the image.
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:39 am
personally i've never been a fan. she is not that great of a song writer "i miss you i miss you so bad it makes me so sad." not impressed. but she actual surprised me with that song nobodys home that was ok Shocked i just put that face cause it my fav. she talks like a rely big vealy girl every sentence has three likes in it. good singing voice not so good at talking
0 Replies