Who are these single posters?

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 03:47 pm
I just read a couple of responses from people I did not recognize. In both cases this is the only response ever posted by these individuals.I can understand someone that posts one question, but randomly comes online to this forum and answers a question. I am sure there are others.

Who are these posters and why just answer one question?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 390 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 03:57 pm
@Linkat,
I have at times suspected some of them of being persons already members who create fake/temp accounts, just to make a comment without having to have it on their permanent record (of posts).
Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 04:45 pm
@Sturgis,
I could see that, but these are weird ones not controversial or anything at all... if I can figure out how to copy the link of the two I will do so.

I do think one might be promoting herself as she has this detailed profile listed but just answered this random question which was already answered
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 07:13 pm
I think my fave series of single posts was the time I was 50,000 school children in a year when the competition wasn't held.

A2K questions sparkling, darkling afflame with browser butterflies, and mods and their god of logistical ease.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 08:22 pm
@Linkat,
I think there are a lot of people are just legit as they seem.

They decide to sign up. They are prompted to ask a question. They ask a question. Then they promptly lose interest and go on with their lives.
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

They decide to sign up. They are prompted to ask a question. They ask a question. Then they promptly lose interest and go on with their lives.

I can understand that but these are people not asking a question - they are answering. They come in answer an odd question and then disappear.

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:17 am
@Linkat,
Here is one:

https://able2know.org/user/daisysimpson/

but looks like I prompted her to post again by my reply

And here is another

https://able2know.org/user/maya_gostuski/
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:20 am
@Linkat,
Sometimes they're people who have a service to sell. They'll post for a while and then reveal their sales pitch.
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:23 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Sometimes they're people who have a service to sell. They'll post for a while and then reveal their sales pitch.

That was what I thought of that first poster as she had a big write up in her profile.
hightor

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:29 am
@Linkat,
I don't know if off-shore troll farms create "users" to post on this site but it's a possibility to consider as well. If they're posting political content it would raise my suspicions.
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:48 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I don't know if off-shore troll farms create "users" to post on this site but it's a possibility to consider as well. If they're posting political content it would raise my suspicions.

Well that's the thing - these are noncontroversial, nonpolitical content. One I noted was about how to use a feature on this site .

The other well maybe a bit controversial but not anything too huge - was about spanking a child. Although the response given by this poster could lead one to believe it was a troll ...
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 07:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
One I noted was about how to use a feature on this site.

If you are referring to the post that I think you are, I suspect that is an old regular (I've no idea who) returning under a new name. And they've made several posts now.

But we may be thinking of different posts.
engineer

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 07:09 am
I think some people use a search engine and a when a topic comes up they want to respond to, they sign up and respond. They don't know how (or are not interested in) other topics so they go away. It would be interesting to know how many "users" A2K has compared to how many have made ten posts.
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 07:18 am
@oralloy,
Must be someone different - there is just this one answer - and then today another one - due to me calling this person out. So in total two answers to one post.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 07:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I think some people use a search engine and a when a topic comes up they want to respond to, they sign up and respond. They don't know how (or are not interested in) other topics so they go away. It would be interesting to know how many "users" A2K has compared to how many have made ten posts.

I can see that - but would a search engine pulling up how to use a feature on this site? And the person - who has never posted on this site before - explains how to use this feature (not to mention after it has already been answered).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who are these single posters?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:14:25