The world needs the experience and expertise of China

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 05:53 am
It is strange that the expresion "The world needs the experience and expertise of China" cannot be found in Google (it just goes back to the sound I quoted below).

Can you find Bruce Aylward's speech? Thanks in advance

Context:
"The world needs the experience and expertise of China, as the country is the most experienced in the world, which has turned around a serious outbreak,"
Canadian epidemiologist Bruce Aylward, who heads the WHO mission team to China, said on Monday at a technical briefing upon the completion of the WHO-China Joint Mission on COVID-19, adding that the only success the world had in tackling COVID-19 is in China, where old approaches like suspension of travel and quarantine were used.

Source: Global Times
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1180626.shtml

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 321 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
oralloy
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 06:12 pm
PDF document: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/transcripts/joint-mission-press-conference-script-english-final.pdf

The date of the speech is the same as the date of the speech that you are looking for.

Bottom of page 11:
Quote:
And this brings us to what I think is one of the most important recommendations we would make in respect to getting China fully back on its feet after this crisis. The world needs the experience and materials of China to be successful in battling this

Top of page 12:
Quote:
coronavirus disease. China has the most experience in the world with this disease, and it's the only country to have turned around serious large-scale outbreaks. But if countries create barriers between themselves and China in terms of travel or trade, it is only going to compromise everyone's ability to get this done. And those kinds of measures need to be anything that goes beyond what's been recommended by the IHR committee, has got to be reassessed, because the risk from China is dropping, and what China has to add to the global response is rapidly rising.
oristarA

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:21 am
@oralloy,
Thank you.

That is the report I wanted. The script has many grammarical mistakes or misspellings, though.

I have its Chinese version which has many graphics delicately drawn. The formal English version is yet to be found.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The world needs the experience and expertise of China
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:50:56