Anyone know why airline would change a connection?

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 02:30 pm
This is weird - I had my daughter set up to fly home and then back to school on her spring break. The flight I set up each way has a connection. I made sure that the connection would allow for ample time in case of any delays.

We got a notification that the airline changed the flight on her last leg to return to school. It was 45 minutes - now this is not a big airport so if all is on time she should make the connection but if there is a delay she would likely miss it. I just figured they probably canceled the later flight she was originally on.

I told her to call and see if they could put her on an earlier flight from home so there would be no issue for connections - what they did was put her back on that original flight! So it wasn't canceled - why would they just change that so random like that? It just seemed odd.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 191 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 03:33 pm
@Linkat,
Might be the other flight is oversold and they are trying to even out the flight load.
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 05:56 pm
@engineer,
Well they moved her back on it. I did tell her if she found her flight was on time and she could go to the gate for the earlier flight if they had room they'd put her on it.

But with such a tight time between flights any delay could cause her to miss and they'd likely be no other flights that night.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone know why airline would change a connection?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:28:42