Rush Limbaugh lung cancer

Mon 3 Feb, 2020 04:14 pm
I see he has advanced lung cancer. Didn't preserve a link.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 780 • Replies: 24
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Mon 3 Feb, 2020 05:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah. He was said to have mentioned it today on his program.
Every few days I take a short listen to his program and since the start of the year he hadn't been there much. A substitute or two were in his place. One of them kept saying Limbaugh had the flu. Apparently it was more dire.

www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/02/03/Rush-Limbaugh-reveals-advanced-lung-cancer-diagnosis/6561580763777/
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 3 Feb, 2020 10:24 pm
All those cigars will do that. Play the game, win the prize.
Linkat

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:08 am
@McGentrix,
Well that is very sympathetic.

My dad died from lung cancer - when he was teen it seemed everyone smoked. They did not know at the time the ramifications of smoking. There was no knowledge that smoking will cause all these health issues. So flash forward 20 years after being addicted - and then you are told about all the dangers. Now add to that working in the ship yards - find out now yeah it was a dangerous working situation causing health problems. Too bad.

Well my dad did manage to quick smoking - my mom too. But that was years after smoking and not knowing they were slowing killing their lungs. Also talk about being in second hand smoke - I remember being in a smoked filled car as a kid.

Yeah well with all this and trying to do the right thing and quit - he stilled died from lung cancer.

Nice - saying play the game win the price. Pretty heartless.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:11 am
My generation was practically fed tobacco for breakfast lunch and dinner.
McGentrix

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:22 am
@Linkat,
Overweight people are more liable to die from a coronary event than skinny/fit people. They chose to take that risk.

Smokers are more liable to get lung cancer than non-smokers. They chose that risk.

Play the game, win the prize. I am sorry you choose to be offended by that.
hightor

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
My generation was practically fed tobacco for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Yeah — when I was in grade school the art teacher had us making ash trays.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:30 am
@hightor,
My parents thought it was cute when I at about age ten began gathering buttes and smoking the tobacco in homemade corncob pipes.
hightor

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:32 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Overweight people are more liable to die from a coronary event than skinny/fit people.

They survive longer with diseases like cancer, though.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 11:30 am
@McGentrix,
Limbaugh was always proud to pose with a big cigar. It will be interesting to see if he advocates for smoking cessation or if he feels that would be off brand.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 12:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Overweight people are more liable to die from a coronary event than skinny/fit people. They chose to take that risk.

Smokers are more liable to get lung cancer than non-smokers. They chose that risk.

Play the game, win the prize. I am sorry you choose to be offended by that.

You are really a piece of work - did you read anything that I wrote - at the time it was unknown that smoking can cause lung cancer. He also worked in the ship yards which were also noted as being cancer causing decades later.

Do you live a perfect lifestyle ? Do you ever drive over the speed limit? Do you ever eat fatty foods?

Just because someone engages in a habit that may not be healthiest even if they know - there is no need to be so rude and heartless. You are just plain old mean spirited.
McGentrix

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 12:18 pm
@Linkat,
Take a ******* pill and calm down. I read what you wrote, I just didn't care. I wasn't talking to you or about you so your taking it personally matters very little to me.

Linkat

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 12:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My parents thought it was cute when I at about age ten began gathering buttes and smoking the tobacco in homemade corncob pipes.

And the candy cigarettes - those ones where they wrapped in paper - and you blow out and "smoke" comes out.

Just imagine what we are encouraging our kids with now - and we find out in 25 years was the worst thing we could ever do.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 12:22 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Take a ******* pill and calm down. I read what you wrote, I just didn't care. I wasn't talking to you or about you so your taking it personally matters very little to me.

As I repeat you are a piece of work - everything you wrote is just cruel and reflects what sort of person you are.

Using swears - not caring, --- I don't particular like rush limbaugh and do not approve of smoking at all - but I can feel sympathy for the poor man.

And if you didn't care at all - there is no reason for you to post at all on here.
roger

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 04:46 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

You are really a piece of work - did you read anything that I wrote - at the time it was unknown that smoking can cause lung cancer. He also worked in the ship yards which were also noted as being cancer causing decades later.

I don't know when he started smoking, but I started around 1954. We called cigarettes 'cancer sticks' and 'coffin nails'. "Hey, anybody can quit smoking. It takes a MAN to face up to cancer."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 10:24 pm
Rush got a medal for being a celebrity. /smh
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 4 Feb, 2020 11:07 pm
@Linkat,
He can't help himself...it's always the victims fault. Sort of pathetic, sad.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 12:24 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Yeah — when I was in grade school the art teacher had us making ash trays.
Goddam, youre right!!
I made an ash tray that had an Indian in a blanket sitting by his fire which was my stone lined ASHTRAY
McGentrix

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
Did the blanket contain smallpox too?
McGentrix

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:50 pm
@McGentrix,
Aw, damn. I should have asked if anyone's grandpa's died of small pox before that comment. Sorry.

1. Forums
  2. » Rush Limbaugh lung cancer
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:09:51