Help!

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 03:03 pm
so i'm young but i'm pretty sure i'm gender fluid but i have a...chest and stuff and i want top surgery when i'm older, but i have really intense anxiety and just thinking about a hospital or anything like that makes me choked up, but i have seen so many trans men who are happy about getting top surgery....so does this mean im a transtrender???
(i know i said im genderfluid and i am but i don't like how big my chest is and i would love to make it smaller when im allowed to)

View best answer, chosen by A sunflower
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 04:14 pm
@A sunflower,
I think it's super-early to be thinking about such things as surgery.

In particular, you'll probably just fuel your anxiety by dwelling on it right now.

Instead, concentrate on how you feel. Not just on how large or small you want your chest to be (psst plenty of non-gender-fluid people want smaller chests; a large chest can be a real pain). Rather, about how you feel in terms of gender. Most of the trans people I've met have known really well which gender(s) they are. This isn't invalidating your feelings and experiences. You're you and your experience doesn't have to be identical to theirs. Just telling you what I've seen.

I strongly suggest getting involved with any LGBTQ+ organizations in your area. Maybe through school if you're still going, or even through Meetup if you're past that. If you're not sure about where to go, Google is awesome or talk to a trusted adult - a parent, a teacher, etc. - and they don't have to be queer to know or at least be willing to help you research.

Note: I am not a doctor (hell, I'm not even queer). But I do want you to know that your decision, however it goes, is the right one. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:02:41