Privatized Medicare

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 07:50 am
Privatized Medicare insurance is the republican answer to Obamacare (Medicare part A + B...), well, the republican reasoning is, because private, profit incentivized companies always do things better than the government.

Really?

These privatized insurance companies call your like bill collectors and lure you in with things like partial dental coverage and free-over-the-counter medications up to a certain dollar value each year, oh and much more!

But what is the catch?

Well, the catch is, (a little background) It has taken Medicare many years to convince doctors to join Medicare's low income program. Contrarily, these privatized insurance companies have nearly zero track record and only a handful of doctors who participate in their service. These privatized Medicare insures don't want to pay doctors at all! Why should they it cuts into their profit margin. And no, you definitely can't keep your own doctor. The doctors available to these privatized insurers are the slumlords of the medical profession.

So it is like really having no insurance at all or when you can see a doctor the service is long waits and shoddy meat packing plant care.

To clarify the issue, Obamacare is not Medicare, Obamacare is a set of rules such as, allowing people to keep their own insurance (including Medicare) , not being denied coverage because of existing conditions and many other vital benefits to consumers.

Republicans became rich as thieves taking money from insurance companies with the promise of repetitively attempting to overturn these necessary safety-net rules. Since then the republicans have turned to Russia to fund their opulent lifestyles. (no citation needed, refer to the impeachment trial)

Republicans have seen to it that Medicare was not the backbone of Obamacare, and still people are sold insurance policies that are as worthless as can be squeaking under the Obamacare rules.

These private insurers who are vying for Medicare's clients are full of promises and lots of gimmicks but it is the fairly large network of doctors that Medicare has taken many years to get on board that is sorely lacking. Theses private insurers tell you you can "go out of network"... read the fine print, not quite the case...

I don't pretend to know a lot about this field but I do know I am now stuck with a 200 dollar bill from a doctor not covered they have told me my Mercy healthcare doctor of 15 years is not covered by them either... I have switched back to Medicare. Think long and hard before you are taken in by this scam, their deal seems too good to be true... It is.

Medicare is not some republican concocted X-Files version of a government conspiracy, it is your life you are dealing with. Think long and hard before you switch from Medicare to a privatized plan and end up without quality healthcare.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 380 • Replies: 8

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 08:06 am
Privatized always means the money flows to big business out of your pockets.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 08:11 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes exactly Edgar, Medicare has lowered the money paid to physicians in order to save taxpayers money, privatized insurers have lowered the money paid to physicians even more than Medicare to give the money to their shareholders...

This is why good physicians don't want to join these profit driven privatized networks.

If privatized insurers can't victimize those needing healthcare due to Obamacare rules they will go after the doctors for their "cut".
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 12:13 pm
Considering the current monthly payment (deducted from the Social Security), for the Part B, it sometimes already feels as if steps have been taken towards privatization. (I realize true privatization would be even more costly and time-consuming to manage when getting payments issued)

Privatizing has never been good for anyone other than the shareholders and company executives. Look at the mess which has been created from privatizing the prison system.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 12:45 pm
@Sturgis,
It has been moving in that direction for a long time. That is why I support politicians who want to stop that from continuing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 04:50 pm
TheCobbler wrote:
I don't pretend to know a lot about this field but I do know I am now stuck with a 200 dollar bill from a doctor not covered they have told me my Mercy healthcare doctor of 15 years is not covered by them either... I have switched back to Medicare. Think long and hard before you are taken in by this scam, their deal seems too good to be true... It is.

Oh wow. You were on a Medicare Advantage plan?

You're lucky you were able to switch back. I'm not familiar with the details, but I think sometimes they don't allow people to switch back.

Free advice now that you are back on Medicare: choose your Medigap plan wisely. It is difficult to switch Medigap plans once you make your choice.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 06:26 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/83369781_10215442964896786_6999954904659787776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=398xR8uXyS8AX9fgoiM&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=8c860c84fd8b57670dd1440d5d26d8b1&oe=5E96E354
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 06:27 am
@oralloy,
Is medigap the prescription drug plan?

Oh, i just looked it up, I looked into that and the premiums are too expensive for me. It would be nice to have that for doctors not covered by Medicare.

I am lucky I am not on any medications so I am not costing the system much to be on it. Just doctor visit checkups.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 05:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
Medigap policies are not for doctors that don't take Medicare. They are for filling in gaps that exist in Medicare's coverage with doctors that do take Medicare.

https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-other-insurance/whats-medicare-supplement-insurance-medigap

There are also different levels of coverage (denoted by various letters), with different insurance premiums to match the levels of coverage.

If money is tight, I advise looking into the prices of Medigap "L" plans and "K" plans.

Medigap "L" plans aren't quite as good as the more expensive plans, but they still have pretty decent coverage.

Medigap "K" plans offer only mediocre coverage, so it is worth trying to get at least an "L" plan if you can. But if you can't afford a Medigap "L" plan, a "K" plan is still much better than no Medigap coverage at all.

There is a government search engine that allows people to find all the Medigap policies that are available where they live.

https://www.medicare.gov/medigap-supplemental-insurance-plans/

You should look. There may be something that you can afford.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Privatized Medicare
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:00:12