Is Mitch McConnell the real President?

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:10 am
So is Mitch just ditching his responsibilities because he wants Trump around to or is he under the impression that Kentucky will be the next capitol of the United States. Is it a coverup or an overthrow. My guess is that Mitch is still pissed off about the civil war even though it has been over for 100 years +++.

roger

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:57 am
@glitterbag,
Way, way off topic here, but have you ever read Mark Twain's 'Life on the Mississippi? The second half describes the relative participation between North and South. It is astonishing.

Oh, yeah. I'm not at all fond of Mitch, but being the real President would be something of a come down in his ever so humble opinion.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:02 pm
@roger,
No but I'll have to look for it. Mark Twain was uniquely talented in painting a picture of the times he lived in.

This is probably the best description of Moscow Mitch's attitude I have ever heard. I wish I had thought of it.

Roger's comment from above:
"Oh, yeah. I'm not at all fond of Mitch, but being the real President would be something of a come down in his ever so humble opinion."

I wish I was that eloquent, I would have just said McConnell is a lying sack of $hit......
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:37 pm
@roger,
mark
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

mark

Mark? You mean you're planning to come back someday and make me eat my words?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:54 pm
@roger,
Heh. I marked your post so that I could look up Twain's book later, and not forget it's name.
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
Oops! Getting paranoid in my old age.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:29 pm
@roger,

(remember -- just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:40 pm
glitterbag wrote:
Is Mitch McConnell the real President?

No.

glitterbag wrote:
So is Mitch just ditching his responsibilities because he wants Trump around to or is he under the impression that Kentucky will be the next capitol of the United States.

Mr. McConnell is not ditching any responsibilities.

glitterbag wrote:
Is it a coverup or an overthrow.

Neither.

glitterbag wrote:
My guess is that Mitch is still pissed off about the civil war even though it has been over for 100 years +++.

My guess is that the left will be having a fit about Mr. Trump for more than 100 years.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2020 10:14 pm
@oralloy,
Well then he's Trump's butt buddy.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:53 pm
@glitterbag,
How can I delete that nauseating image from my mind?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 01:44 am
@Sturgis,
Lets go to one of the game threads...you pick....oralgloat has no sense of .............well maybe everything .....(I filched the name from snood)/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2020 03:27 pm
He isent really an honest to god senator. Unless you consider one who gives tax breaks to his Chinese relatives a real American patroit. He isent called Moscow mitch for no reason.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2020 01:07 am
@RABEL222,
Let's start listing American traitors : I'll start, Robert Hanssen....Oliver North......
oralloy

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2020 10:29 am
@glitterbag,
Wrong. Oliver North is a hero who helped save America from Communism.

The traitors would be the Democratic Party, who were trying to help Communism destroy America.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2020 02:23 am
@oralloy,
I know what Oliver North did, he was a lying sack of **** who deceived other intell people into provided 'things' that he was not authorized to collect. I was there, everybody but Ollie were punished///not Ollie...he got a pardon. And now the know-nothings have convinced themselves that Ollie was a champion of freedom, do you even know what he was involved in>? Quick, scroll thru wiki and convince yourself he was a block against communism....what he was was just another Marine Lt. Col hoping for glory and a promotion.

0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2020 06:23 am
@glitterbag,
Systematic corruption has permeated not only our government, but us as well. There should be sweeping reforms but I'll not see it in my lifetime. Procrastination and in-fighting has always been the norm but this is ******* ridiculous.

Bills brought to the Senate by the House should be put on the floor within 30 days. No more just sitting on legislation just because it's from another party. Vote on it, let it stand or fall. I don't agree getting rid of the filibuster, if there isn't 60 votes, then it should go back to committees and compromise until it's a workable bill.

Separation of the three branches have really been skewed under Trump. Realizing "serving for the President's pleasure" should not mean firing people just because he can. Ruining distinguished careers for the sake of being petty and nasty shouldn't be the norm, yet, here we are.

We've lost sight of who we are and what we stand for. McConnell is just the figurehead of how we've gotten to this point. Congress is supposed to be the representatives of the people, now it's just the reflection of the whims of a president. If that doesn't scare the **** out of you, nothing will and everything just becomes a lesson of what a government should not do.
oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2020 03:24 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Bills brought to the Senate by the House should be put on the floor within 30 days. No more just sitting on legislation just because it's from another party. Vote on it, let it stand or fall.

Why?

And does your proposal work both ways? Should the Senate be able to force the House to vote on bills too?

neptuneblue wrote:
Realizing "serving for the President's pleasure" should not mean firing people just because he can.

Actually no. That is exactly what it means. And that is exactly what it is supposed to mean.

The people elected the President to run the country. The rest of the executive branch is there only to assist the President. If he doesn't require their assistance, they need to pack their bags.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is Mitch McConnell the real President?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 10:11:18