how to discover the source of a property based money laundering scheme

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 11:43 pm
I've stumbled upon a nation wide scheme and i need to know how to determine the actual organization or cartel or whatever of the ring so I know how much is at stake if they find me before I can disappear, or if there's better options in this situation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,065 • Replies: 6

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 05:53 am
I would suggest not privately investigating a nationwide organized crime ring all by yourself.

Organized crime rings have been known to kill people who stumble into knowledge of their criminal activities.

I would suggest either:

a) go to the FBI right now, tell them everything you know, and then leave it in their hands, or

b) stay out of it completely and never breathe a word of this to anyone.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 05:53 am
@deathVSdisapear90,
Hire a private investigator.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 10:21 am
@deathVSdisapear90,
deathVSdisapear90 wrote:

I've stumbled upon a nation wide scheme and i need to know how to determine the actual organization or cartel or whatever of the ring so I know how much is at stake if they find me before I can disappear, or if there's better options in this situation

As previously suggested:
1. Law enforcement AKA FBI
or
2. National news agency like NPR, or any large city newspaper, etc....
oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 11:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Prominent media is a really good idea too.

In fact, if he decides to share information with the authorities, I'd suggest going to both media and law enforcement.

So long as he is the only person who has this knowledge, the criminals can solve their problems by killing him.

But as soon as the knowledge is shared with others, killing him no longer makes their problem go away.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 12:44 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Prominent media is a really good idea too.

In fact, if he decides to share information with the authorities, I'd suggest going to both media and law enforcement.

So long as he is the only person who has this knowledge, the criminals can solve their problems by killing him.

But as soon as the knowledge is shared with others, killing him no longer makes their problem go away.

True - but then revenge will become the motive.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 02:10 pm
You say this is nation wide, so you can look up their corporation and find all officers.

You can approach your state attorney general’s office with your suspicions.

Have you been a victim of this scam?
0 Replies