Does age determine a woman's physical attractiveness/looks?

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 04:52 pm
@WestCoast,
Ok.

I get what you're saying.

It sucks to be ugly. Everyone treats you poorly. You want to be accepted.

You put Linkat on ignore and I'm glad you did. You don't deserve to hear her advice anyway. She's a loving, generous person who took the time out to respond to you as a person, a woman, a mom. And you just shat all over her. So, I guess that made you feel better, right? No one can even try to help an ugly, zit faced, egotistical child who doesn't want advice anyway.

SO, that's your reality. Here's even more honesty. You're not alone. Nope, far from it. Although everything you've posted is real, almost everyone, at some point in their lives have felt the way you do right now.

I think you need some counseling. The bit about resorting to cutting is concerning and needs addressed. If, by the off chance you've said that to be flippant, it's not funny or appropriate to make people worry you'd harm yourself.

Ok.

So you think you're ugly.

So the **** what?

Seriously. Now, I could give you another one of those "mom" pep talks but that's just not how I roll. I think you need to wake up, grow up and stand up to be counted. Either do something about your acne...or not. Ask a doctor for a prescription medicine. Or not. Maybe you've tried that. Maybe it didn't work. Maybe it was the wrong medicine. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Or, you can learn to accept who you are, how you look and define yourself differently than you do. Only you can do that, not us, not your parents, not even your small group of select friends that seem ok with what you look like.

You're 21 now, not a baby. Whining that you're not beautiful or that people treat you rudely is what I'd expect from a middle schooler instead of an adult. I'm not going to coddle you to make you think you're worthy. It's something YOU have to think, believe and live.

Time's up. Whatcha gonna do?
Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 06:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
Thank you neptune - I do think this person must be very sad and depressed to say some of these things.

I won't take it personally I was put on ignore as it is very apparent this individual needs some guidance more than we can provide - and the cutting thing is something serious.

My daughter has cut - it is not something to joke about but if you are thinking of it - you should seek counsel. It is a sign of bigger issues.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 07:19 pm
@WestCoast,
WestCoast wrote:

I put that Linkat person on ignore.

Second, I already have a small group of friends that accept me as I am despite my hideous acne and physical symptoms caused from PCOS.

I'm just ******* tired of the blatant disrespect and unfair treatment I receive from outsiders because of my looks. Clothing/grocery shopping is always a depressing experience because I have to deal with rude long stares, customers and strangers treating me like a grotesque monster, and fellow young people approaching me in school/venues while jokingly saying 'my friend wants to date you'. I'm surprised I haven't resorted to cutting because I hate going outside besides from school.

The worst part is knowing that if I looked like a stereotypical 'hot woman in her 20s' with clear perfect skin, people would treat me like a valuable human being. Unfortunately for younger girls and women, our looks play a large factor on how we're judged and treated by others.

1) I don't know why you picked out Linkat to ignore, I think she is generally reasonable and helpful.

2) I was reading about PCOS. I hope that you are getting medical treatment for this conditions. Are the doctors helpful?

3) One of the effects listed for PCOS is depression. I hope that you are also getting therapy... this is a great way to address depression and help with coping. To be honest, your comment about "not resorting to cutting" worries me a bit. If you are not seeing a therapist, I think it would be a very good idea.

My wish for you is that you get the support you need to make it through this time.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 06:10 am
When you leave academia, enter the workforce, and engage in constructive work surrounded by colleagues, you can begin to build a more positive self-image based on your accomplishments and overcome the lingering effects of "lookism" (Ted Chiang's word) which is so rife on college campuses. And as you make friends you'll be able to share in the secret satisfaction of the plain, knowing that people are responding to the whole "you" and not just to superficial aspects of your appearance.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:15:22