Can hormonal imbalance cause anxiety & panic attacks?

Linkat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 09:20 am
Has anyone heard of this or experienced it?

I found this out from a sweet but somewhat unreliable family member that said she experienced it.

Another family member has been diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks and seeing they are related if this is true another form of care might make sense. We have talked and scheduled an appointment with her doctor to determine this, but just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has personal knowledge of this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 323 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 09:42 am
@Linkat,
I had some panic attacks when menopausal...and I have read that this can happen. However, it might equally have been a stress related recurrence of some panic attacks I had after a very frightening work incident. I was working with criminals at the time.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 12:37 pm
@Linkat,
Since my mother died in 2014 I have been suffering from acute anxiety...Information consumption at a great scale also brought me to what I guess is to be PTSD as I see a very bleak future ahead...
Xanax doesn't help much either and I refuse to up the dosage...
As for your question, I am no expert, but I guestimate some genetic factor is to be accounted for.
On an intellectual approach some people, most of the people, are not "realists". Most are oblivious to statistics and live life with "pink glasses" which is good for your mental health but bad to prepare your future. I was not lucky enough to get my pink glasses working properly...anyhow enough with my complaining, all the best to you! Wink
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 03:13 pm
@Linkat,
Absolutely.

At your next exam, a good Dr. will do a panel of general lab testing, plus blood, urine and any cultures. Ask for a hormone level number.
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 11:54 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
So sorry you are feeling this way - having now a very close personal experience with this I am much more sympathetic to how difficult this can be.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 11:56 am
@PUNKEY,
Yes her doctor is typically very thorough and when I called about this possibility about maybe being a hormonal issue - she called back and said she wanted to do a full exam.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can hormonal imbalance cause anxiety & panic attacks?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 11:11:55