Peloton: Understanding why Trump is president

maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 08:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Ah, yes, there it is. Mansplaining why Clinton lost. Gee, maybe you should write a new post. Again.

Thank you neptune!. That is a perfect example. I am a man. And, I am explaining I, as a man and a voter, felt about Hillary Clinton.

What exactly is your definition of mansplaining? Can a man express an opinion?

You are a problem when it comes to Democratic candidates convincing voters to support them. When you use these outrage liberal tropes any time someone disagrees with you, you support the image of elitist, patronizing liberals who care more about identity politics than they do about facts or real people.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Everyone on this forum already knows your opinion about Hilary Clinton. It's not rocket science here Max.

I don't have a problem with the Peloton commercial but it certainly seems you do. Maybe you should buy one and wear a skirt to make yourself relevant.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
Everyone also knows your opinion about Hilary Clinton. What's your point?

My point is that the overreaction to the Peleton commercial from the outraged left is frustrating, and that it contributes to the political divide that helped Trump get elected. It seems like you agree with me about the main point, but that you are here to start an argument anyway (not that I mind arguing with you).

I do wear a skirt on occasion. I wish I had the disposable income for a bike that doesn't go anywhere (I recently spent $800 for a real bicycle... and that was a lot for me).
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Your point was to top post to feign outrage over outrage. Congrats. You're outraged.

*golf clap
maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:26 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Your point was to top post to feign outrage over outrage. Congrats. You're outraged.

*golf clap

And I think what you are doing in this post is mansplaining.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Ya don't say.

Hmmm.

Well I think your post is trivial and downright ******* stupid. But hey, you be you.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:59 pm
@neptuneblue,
And you be right here with me. I appreciate that.

Without you this thread would be nothing Wink
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 11:06 pm
@maxdancona,
It's the thought that counts.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 03:19 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I know lots of people who voted for Trump. They say it wasn't because of a Peloton commercial.

Wow! That was insightful!

YOU (yes you and your confreres) are the reason why Trump is president.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 03:21 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

They thought a business man who declared corporate bankruptcy four times, cheated on multiple wives and has a bad comb over was better choice than somebody who had actual experience in running the government.

Yeah...that's the ticket! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 05:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is a word for this type of ad (i.e. the gin ad). It is designed as a dog whistle, appealing (i.e. virtue signaling) to a specific demographic without anyone else understanding the message.

I forget the term for this, doesn't anyone else know it? Subaru used to do this to great effect.

Niche marketing? Secret coding? I looked up info on that and found this eye opening article.

So, what's the secret coding behind the gin commercial?

I think you're misusing the term "virtue signaling."
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 09:07 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I know lots of people who voted for Trump. They say it wasn't because of a Peloton commercial.

It's pretty clear to me that a handful of people on Twitter making fun of a commercial for a $2000 exercise bike that also costs $40/month for the online subscription is clearly leading to the downfall of American society. Not sure how you can't see that!!
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 09:17 am
@engineer,
Well, ain't that love for ya.

Almost as good as buying two $42K his and her trucks and not even getting the black one!

*Cue Trump's theme song by the Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want... only to be told to not use the song as it is infringement on copyright laws.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 11:16 am
@engineer,
You are being disingenuous, Engineer. Surely you know this ad is a front page story on CNN, and surely this has been prominently featured on Facebook (or whatever social media engine you have tuned to your ideological bubble). You couldnt even avoid this thread.

It is the continual state of outrage from the left. christmas songs, HBO series, comedians, personal pronouns. It is annoying to anyone outside of your bubble.... an if you piss off too many voters, Trump will likely win again.

0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2019 09:27 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

How do you know it's not femsplaining?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2019 09:45 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

It wasn't bitchy or irrational enough to be femsplaining.
livinglava

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 05:51 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

livinglava wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

It wasn't bitchy or irrational enough to be femsplaining.

That was sexist.

Call it androgynosplaining if you need something gender-neutral to avoid sexism.

. . . or just use, "explaining," but then try not to forge any mental associations with divorce because of the 'ex' in the word.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 08:28 am
@livinglava,
It was a joke Lava. If it didn't make you chuckle, then just ignore it.
livinglava

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 08:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It was a joke Lava. If it didn't make you chuckle, then just ignore it.

Sexism is ubiquitous. I didn't point it out to induce shame; just to note it.

What about my joke about ex-plaining as when your divorcer/ee explains something to you? I thought that was funny.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.94 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:28:02