What is the difference between CBD store and marijuana shops?

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 04:48 pm
Marijuana is legal to purchase in MA - but there are very limited stores that have this licence. Recently I saw a store pop up in my town called a CBD store. Now I know it is not selling marijuana - but what is the difference between these stores?

Not really planning on going in any of them - just not my cup or tea...just more a curiosity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 342 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 04:53 pm
@Linkat,
Marijuana contains THC, which is psychoactive. CBD does not, but apparently cures or relieves everything. I tried the latter, to no effect.
0 Replies

goodgod

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 05:00 pm
@Linkat,
roger is right, no THC in CBD...pointless as far as I'm concerned.
Like drinking Decafe Coffee or Low fat Milk.
Even THC does nothing for pain apart from taking your mind off it.
Does stimulate appetite.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 05:19 pm
@Linkat,
CBD is a cannabanoid that doesn't have the psychoactivity that the cannabanoid THC does. Since it doesn't get you high, it's used exclusively for medicinal purposes. They are both produced by the cannabis sativa plant, but in different concentrations among the different varieties. Marijuana is the general variety that has high concentrations of THC. Hemp is the general variety that has high concentrations of CBD.

Also, marijuana may include another species of the Cannabaceae family, cannabis indica.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 05:41 pm
So basically this is the current period era of the snake oil salesman.

Neither one really helps you medically - just that marijuana makes you feel better because you are high not really physically better.

My step niece works at one of these medical marijuana shops (or could be recreational - not sure which) - but my mom keeps asking her to bring her some of the eatables for her hip pain - she wants to try it out but doesn't want to smoke it.
roger

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 07:26 pm
@Linkat,
I never intended to say CBD is without value. Just didn't do anything for me. Still, many of the claims from some vendors do have an odor of snake oil.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 08:46 pm
I use CBD muscle and joint cream after certain work days when there’s strain on my knees. 300 mg, net wt. 1oz.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is the difference between CBD store and marijuana shops?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:08:59