DNA evidence cracks McDonald's robbery case

Reyn

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 11:29 pm
Suspects stop for snack before robbing McDonald's; DNA evidence cracks case

at 18:06 on June 21, 2005, EST.

SUFFOLK, Va. (AP) - Men who stopped for a snack before they robbed a fast-food restaurant last year were eventually traced through DNA evidence they left on the partially eaten burgers, authorities said.

The men ate while waiting for the McDonald's to empty, then robbed the business at gunpoint and forced the employees in the freezer, police spokeswoman Lieut. D.J. George said Monday.

Police obtained DNA evidence from leftover portions of burgers the suspected robbers left behind.

Marcellus Jones, 45, Thomas Cribbs, 23, and Dexter Webb, 22, were charged with armed robbery, abduction and using a firearm in a felony. Jones also was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Webb was arrested Saturday. Cribbs and Jones already were incarcerated when the warrants were served.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 4
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 11:51 pm
Interesting case.

Reminds me of other crooks who through feeling either (a) very nervous or (b) cheekily triumpant, who leave other things behind (which I shall not elaborate on because to do so would be in utterly bad taste). DNA will get them every time Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 12:21 am
There was once a report in News of the Weird of a burglar who robbed a store, but stopped to fill in a sweepstakes ticket. The ticket was the only one in jar, because it had been emptied the night before at closing. The police went to that address and arrested the man.

Another was of bank robber who wrote a stick-up note on the back of a deposit slip for his checking account.

I've said all my life that crime usually does not pay because of the calibre of those who go into the profession.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 02:38 am
But set it does reinforce the idea that only the stupid ones get caught. Not true I know but all those stories about stupid crooks bolster the idea.
But then I suppose these were McCrooks Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:04 am
Or Hamburglars . . .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » DNA evidence cracks McDonald's robbery case
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:26:07