Anybody here doing salt baths?

chai2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 09:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Now you mention it, I recall a recipe similar to that for a home remedy. I don't recall the exact ingredients, or the purpose stated, but when mixed, every bit of it foams out of the dish.

Whatever you do, don't fill your bathtub with Coke and have your wife dump a bucket of Mentos on you! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 10:24 am
This isn't the same thing I was thinking, but it's a goody for those who love to see foam.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 02:25 pm
<tap tap> Is this thing on?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 02:39 pm
@Ragman,
I have to ay off the salts a few days to see if that slows down the nighttime sweats.
Ragman

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2019 04:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I understand. I wish you well.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving.
chai2

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2019 06:20 pm
@Ragman,
Oh.
The day after T-Day I finally got around to taking that long soak.

Almost fell asleep in the tub.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 04:11 pm
@chai2,
Im a total shower guy. Havent taken a bath since I was inserted into a sitz bath when I was in my accident with the deer several years ago.
Dont like soaking in what is basically a "me" soup.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 04:28 pm
@farmerman,
When I do a soak, I immediately get in the shower to wash away what leaked out of my pores.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2019 03:08 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im a total shower guy. Havent taken a bath since I was inserted into a sitz bath when I was in my accident with the deer several years ago.
Dont like soaking in what is basically a "me" soup.

Oh yeah, I would never take a bath to get clean.

Tub has to be cleaned first, I have to be clean. It's totally a relaxation thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2019 07:36 am
I have a tub that has never been used for baths, just for soaks. I bought and installed it myself.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 04:11 am
@edgarblythe,
Make sure you read the sources and contents of the salts. Manufactured epsom salts are often high in heavy metals because they can be reclaimed from industrial Sulfuric acid waste .
Im sure a national brand will have an MSDS on their product. Id want to stay with natural epsom salts. (Not sure about bath salts as a generic term but I suggest not getting all fuzzy with them till you know whats in em (especially if they are imported)
KNOWHAT I MEAN nudge nudge??

Id be most careful on arsenic ppm's. Often certain metals are reclaimed from pyrite (gold and silver) and the remainder has a bit of arsenic in the crystal

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 07:48 am
@farmerman,
I have been using a kind that is often the only brand you see in the stores. Some of it has added goodies, but I buy the plain. I will get the label and see what it says after I get through with a few tasks. When I did a series of soaks and then went out to mow the yard, I found myself moving like a younger man. Is there a connection? I haven't a clue.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 11:02 am
Frequently Asked Questions About Epsom Salt
Is all Epsom salt the same?
All Epsom salt contains the naturally occurring minerals of magnesium and sulfate. There are different ways of manufacturing and packaging Epsom salt, but chemically, it’s all exactly the same. There are also different “grades” of Epsom salt for different applications such as human use and agricultural applications.

Any package that has a “drug facts” box or that’s labeled “USP” has been manufactured, tested and certified to meet stringent regulatory standards of the FDA and the United States Pharmacopeia, and is deemed safe and acceptable for human use. For human use, the Epsom Salt Council recommends only Epsom salt with the USP designation.

https://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/faq/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 08:57 pm
These soaks have cleared up a number of skin problems and always make me feel great. I wish I had discovered them fifty years ago, or longer.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 11:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm inspired, but I don't want to feel like a young man.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 12:29 am
@glitterbag,
I've heard they're more fun.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 01:07 am
@roger,
Maybe when I was half a century younger.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 01:49 am
@glitterbag,
Oh, that!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:56:11