Hey!! C'mon guys!! This ain't ABLE2SLAP now is it?!

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:30 pm
OK, we've got this new advertising feature at the top of the posts now - OK, got some bills to pay. But I just spotted that Slappy's face splashed across it! Is he buying advertising space or what?

And what IS a 'dick blick'? Will it protect me on the sports field or will I need some ointment to make it go away? Enlighten me, thanx.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 804 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:32 pm
LOL, Dick Blick is for art supplies.

By the way, very soon I will open up the option for members to buy their own ads (the system is already ready for this). I can only imagine what you will be seeing then.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:33 pm
make sure I get rates I can afford.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:34 pm
You're just asking for trouble..arent ya? Wink

Sounds good though...
and it might actually get people to look once in a while..you know, something other than the usual.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:35 pm
Husker, I have no idea what kind of rates there will be. I don't even know if it will be based on impressions or clicks yet.

I'm open to suggestions.

Stillwater,

Look at this site:

www.able2slap.com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:37 pm
quinn,

Well I figure that it can be pretty interesting. I don't envision members buying ads for commercial purposes (though it's possible) but maybe they want to suprise a friend or promote a thread/site or something).

Who knows, but the ad network is ready, my ideas are not yet coherent.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:38 pm
Hee hee!

I was wondering if there was some funny business behind the pheremone ads...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:40 pm
I think they are the most popular one so far. Dunno, but these ads won't generate any revenue (it's pay per lead or sale, not pay per click or impression) so they are there to test the system while I figure out what I need to do.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:40 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
I'm sorry?The ads are DRONES?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 04:05 am
hmmmm.... Drones, you say?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:15 am
Drones?

The ads aren't useless, they could generate revenue but it's per lead or sale so I do not think they will at this moment. I have added hundreds of advertisers but only ones that pay per sale or lead. So now I will work on getting ads that pay per click or impression.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:22 am
What's a lead? I have DSL, I don't particularly want to buy any pheromones, but I'll click enough to qualify as a lead if it doesn't involve moolah.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:31 am
None of the ads involve a simple banner click. Most leads do not require any money transaction but rather completion of a certain milestone.

This can mean an application (for a morgage or loan), a free quote (car insurance), becoming a member (online cash type ads), becoming a member and completing a milestone (paypal, join and verify the account), and I think one of the ebay sites (there are about 5 ebay sites in the ad system) require someone to bid on an item after clicking a banner.

But I do not want to artificially inflate the leads. There are strict rules about this. One of the rules is that message boards can't be used to entice leads. This is a rule that is supposed to prevent people from spamming message boards with ads but to be safe it's best to avoid any false leads and just click and investigate ads that you are interested in.

On an unrelated note the ad-free version of the site is close to being ready.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:52 am
Cool.

And gotcha about artificial inflation.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:52 am
So if I actually buy something from one of these sites I'm supporting a2k? That's a worthy thought.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hey!! C'mon guys!! This ain't ABLE2SLAP now is it?!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:09:47