Keurig question

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 06:35 pm
Finally got around to unboxing the Keurig I bought about a year ago.

Putting the filter in now.
They tell you to set the dial to 2 as a reminder 2 change after 2 months.

But, the dial has 12 settings.

Why? What are the other settings on the filter dial for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 348 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 06:51 pm
@chai2,
Dunno, Chai, but ambiguous and incomplete instructions are right at the top of my pet peeves list.
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 07:41 pm
@roger,
Yeah. I finally figured out how to take the filter thingie apart, which is part of prepping it.
It just showed 2 hands pulling it apart, leaving out the fact In reality you needed either a 3rd hand, or fingers made of steel that were 1/8 inch in diameter.

Had to watch 2 or 3 different youtube videos until I could see someone doing it.

Still couldn't manage it with my weak little lady hands and fingers, and ended up jamming one of the blades of a pair of scissors into one of the indentations, and cramming a finger into the other, and randomly pulling.

Now I'm done for the night, having used up all my available spatial brain power.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2019 02:15 pm
I'll admit it.

I did not think I would love this Keurig as much as I do.
But, there you are.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 01:21 am
@chai2,
I replaced an old Cuisinart Food Processor (actually it was a gift from my son) and there wasn't an instruction manual. They DID include a DVD so I could run back and forth from the kitchen to the family room to view the frigging thing. The first one I bought had a beautifully prepared instruction manual, and a recipe book, and a bunch of blades to do almost anything. Zippo with the new and improved machine.

Yeah, I could track down the instructions on-line and print it out....but I haven't. It's like those 800 number phone lines where you can call customer relations, and they never can answer a question but always end the phone call, with "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" I muster all my strength not to scream "You didn't help me with anything yet"...Then they send a survey to ask How was your visit with us today.
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 10:06 am
@glitterbag,
Youtube is my go to tool for learning most instruction based things nowadays.

Pull it up on my phone, and follow along, pausing as needed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Keurig question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:17:30