I have spent a hot weekend with Betty.....

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:01 pm
Probably horrible, tell us about it...

j/osso
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:20 pm
margo wrote:
I'm an Australian cricket tragic - how do you think my weekend was??? Sad

I feel sorry for you, Margo. We got home just in time to watch the final 15 overs.
<<< For any Americans out there, an "over" is six seperate deliveries of something that is the equivalent of a hand grenade, being buzzed at 80+ mph towards the batsman, in the hope that said grenade will either smash into his stumps or deflect off his bat, into the hands of a fielder.
The batsmans tasks are multiple, and include A) protecting his Betty Swollocks so that one day in the future, he may have a family, B) protecting his stumps, which sounds rude but isnt, and C) smashing the ball over the boundary to score four runs (if it hits the ground before passing the boundary), or six runs (if it just sails through the air and hits an opposing fan on the bridge of the nose). He may also just stroke the ball into an area of the field and run backwards and forwards like buggery, scoring single runs or multiples thereof.>>>

I didnt think that England stood much of a chance when I started watching, but our Pieterson is a jolly good batsman and he started smashing the ball all over the place.

We should have an interesting Ashes series on our hands, methinks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:25 pm
<yawn>
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:31 pm
How was your beef, Osso? Sounded good to me....did it turn out to be something that was succulent and tasty? Or are you now using it to prop open a door somewhere?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:34 pm
It is fine, m'lord, though not dulcet. Quite frankly I won't do that again. I'll probably do some other damn thing.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:40 pm
Lord Ellpus, thanks for that very thorough explanation of cricket (at least, I hope that's what it was -- I mean, I hope that wasn't a story about your last attempt at gardening -- or something else)

Yawn!! I'm now sleepy enough for bed. That was better than a sedative!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 11:36 pm
Spent some time of the weekend in the car, met some really very nice people, so some intereing parts of Germany and will post some pics about that here . :wink:

House prices will get a celebrity surcharge in near future ... in the region you are moving now, I suppose.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:59 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I went to a rock show on Friday and a concert last night, had a beer or 100, and am going to jam again tonight.

OOOH! That reminds me of the only bright part of the weekend.
Got home on Saturday evening, tired, hungry and thirsty. It was a glorious evening, so we made some sandwiches etc, grabbed a very cold beer and sat in the garden.
We live not that far from a large Football Stadium, and there was a concert of some kind going on (not that unusual, it happens three or four times during the summer), but didnt recognise the music....it was nice background stuff.
It was obviously the support band, 'cos at about 7.30pm, the crowd cheered loudly and the volume went up. I was thinking...."that tune is vaguely familiar" as the intro started, and then the singing began. It was the one and only ELTON JOHN!!, starting his gig with a thumping version of "Saturday nights alright for fighting". Marvellous. (he owns a small part of the football club, and I think it was a money raising "do").
He then went into one of my favourites from the yellow brick road album, "loves lies bleeding" and, I must say, he had a fantastic band on stage with him.
So, the half an hour with a sandwich, ended up being nearly two hours and several more beers, then a bottle of wine.
Wish I'd been there. Apparently, he is doing it all again in November....must get a ticket or two.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:53:13