I have spent a hot weekend with Betty.....

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:26 pm
This weekend, I have spent my waking hours house hunting with Betty Swollocks.

This is owing to the fact that the weather here has been incredibly hot and VERY humid.

It is very difficult, standing in someone's home, talking about the condition of the electrical wiring, or finding out when the Kitchen was re-fitted, whilst trying to hide the fact that one is trying to adjust one's moist undergarments.

I have now returned home, and have taken some ice from the freezer, placed it into a plastic bag and will now press it firmly onto the affected area.

<shuffle shuffle>

< HISSSSSSSSSSS>

AAAH! That's better.........

So, how is/was your weekend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 27
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:28 pm
Boring until just now. Tell us more, oh Ellpus!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:32 pm
What.....about the house hunting, or about my frazzled danglies?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
Oh, the house hunting, silly!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:47 pm
Well, we are moving to an area about 100 miles from our present home, so every search involves about 90 minutes each way on the motorway.
Consequently, we try to pack as many appointments in as posible, which is all very good in theory.
In practise, each house we see takes longer than expected, so by about midday, we are running just to keep up. Personally, I can look at a house and its location from the outside, and 90% make my mind up. If I think "no", then spending time inside is a total waste, IMO.
But my better half seems to LOVE looking at peoples decor...kitchens etc, and this is what causes us to end up disappearing up our own rectums by the end of the day.
Another search is scheduled for next weekend. So, if I appear "tetchy" over the next month or so, YOU'LL BLOODY WELL KNOW WHY....OK?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:03 pm
All right, she says soothingly, I understand. I expect to be doing that in Albuquerque later this summer. I was shown five houses just before I left the last time I visited....

Given my price range, I got to see some real dumps, plus one or two possibles, which helped to reassure me re my sanity. By the time I do seriously househunt there, the temperature should be up in the low 90's for most of the day. I trust this will quicken my decision making.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:22 pm
Lots of deep breathing, methinks.

So, in an affort to cheer me up, I want to hear about how wonderful everyone's weekend has been.

There is to be NO discussion about interior decor, curtains or fitted cupboards.

Topics can include drunken binges, rock concerts, unbridled sex, good meals, chocolate and unbridled sex.

Did I mention weekend naughties? Well, if I didnt, that could be included as well.

And food. You can see I'm after some comfort here.

Signed Desperate of Droitwich.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:48 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am shocked, and deeply dismayed, that a Lord of your stature has to do his own house hunting. Surely, you could find some real estate type peasants to do this for you? :wink:

I didn't know that times had gotten that bad over there.... Sad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:59 pm
I went to a rock show on Friday and a concert last night, had a beer or 100, and am going to jam again tonight.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:01 pm
I went out wednesday, friday and saturday nights and will be going out again tonight. What a week!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:06 pm
I am just about to check some cookbooks for recipes for, get this and see what you can make of it, rump roast..., which I just purchased from my local co-op at great expense. It is a product of the Humboldt Grassfed Beef Company, which I support, mostly. Not the co-op, the beef.

I'll be back to tantalize you, lord.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:16 pm
I can report my end-of-spring cold is finally breaking up.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:29 pm
<scratching head>

How can he move Droitwich Manor?

<scratching head again>

How many flatbed trailers would it take?

Will the turrets fit under the bridges?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:35 pm
Eva wrote:
<scratching head>

How can he move Droitwich Manor?

<scratching head again>

How many flatbed trailers would it take?

Will the turrets fit under the bridges?

....and in these hard times, will he personally have to be driving these trucks? Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:47 pm
Some of us will volunteer to help him drive, no?

Gave up on internet recipes, they are full of flakes and bits and mushroom soup. And my books are pretty much packed. Thus, I'm winging it.

So, seared surface of roast for not very long in olive oil. Put said roast into fairly tight pot, a small Le Creuset thing, m'very best pot. Added 1/2 cup of aging Poliziano red wine, about 3/8 cup of pure not holy olive oil, a hand grab of sliced garlic, some fresh oregano, but I hope not too much, some fresh basil leaves, fairly spare, more later, and, oops, I forgot the red chili pepper. Oh, and some sliced red onions, not saute'd first, hmmmm, filled the pan near to top with water, covered it with the heavy lid that comes with the pot, and set the babe in something like a 280 degree oven.

It's only a three pound roast, what do you think, that I'm rich? It'll probably be a small taut brick in just a bit.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:18 pm
Perhaps, but at least a tasty brick. How can you go wrong with red wine, garlic & herbs?!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:31 pm
I already killed it, I think. Took it out of the oven to check and it is bubbling away. Yaaack, too hot.

Sliced brick sandwiches on the morrow?

This was just after a successful cooking adventure, so perhaps I was too forward in my hopes...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:32 pm
Hard to find plain old braising recipes. At least quickly, anyway. They are generally tuned to crockpots...

It's fun to pack my cookbooks. Sort of a love affair...

I've sent about 50 to a pal so far.

Yah, I know recipes are on the internet.. but there ain't nothin' like a book, unless it is a hand scrawled recipe....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:42 pm
Sorry, sorry, tangent, tangent, and back to sweaty underpants.....

with of course a cool brew of some sort.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:53 pm
I'm an Australian cricket tragic - how do you think my weekend was??? Sad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I have spent a hot weekend with Betty.....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:08:30