Offensive people

Wilso

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:47 am
farmerman wrote:
Wilso, I am in awe. Having an entire nation founded entirely on the definition of "party" is, to me, a beautiful thing. Id move there if I werent such a pussy about deadly venomous creatures.

I once heard an American comedian describe Australia as an entire continent with a "No Fat Chicks" sticker on the bumper bar. It's sadly true at times.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:49 am
farmerman wrote:
The AUstralian Board of Statistics,{which appears to be similar to our census bureau) reports on some things that make me wonder about Australians like>

Since 1996, approx 30 Australians have died by electrocution . Seems these people were zapped while watering their Christmas trees with the lights plugged in.

Since 2002, 19 Australians have died from eating Christmas tree ornaments

IN the last 2 years alone (And this has me really shocked) 543Australians have been treated at casualtry (I suppose this is Aussie for ER) after opening beer bottles with either their teeth of eye socket.
THE FACT that somebody can open a beer bottle with their eye socket is really cool

In 1997 8 Australians suffered skull fractures while throwing up into porcelain toilets.

3 Australians (on average, ) die each year testing 9 volt batteries by using their tongues.

http:[email protected]

Oh dear.

I sem to lead such a dull life - I have never died from any of those things.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 06:51 am
Quote:
Since 2002, 19 Australians have died from eating Christmas tree ornaments

Where they snacking on the gingerbreadmen and then just moved on to the crystalline balls?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:02 am
apparently, the story goes on, they mistook the ornaments for chocolate.

I would have a few follow -up questions
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:06 am
farmerman wrote:

Christmas in Oz in the middle of summer. It's more than likely that many beers have been consumed.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:09 am
You mean like "When did you realize that it was, in fact, not chocolate?"

"Was your foot in the bucket of water when you tested the 9 volt battery with your tongue a means of insulation?"

We've hyjacked Wilso's thread.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:35 am
Wilso
Wilso, perhaps the company should provide gas masks to everyone.

BBB
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:56 am
farmerman wrote:

Hmm - some people do put foil wrapped chocolate on as christmas decorations..........

Natural selection at its best, if you ask me - always assuming they have not already been blessed with cursed issue....

You should see what Casualty departments (in ALL countries I hasten to say!!!!) remove from people's bums - lightbulbs, shampoo bottles........
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:25 am
Say, I know this chick might be interested in that guy . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:53 am
deb, perhaps many people, independently, realize what a handy storage area the anal orifice is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
farmerman wrote:
deb, perhaps many people, independently, realize what a handy storage area the anal orifice is.

Shocked

I think it's a little more complex than that, Farmerman...now, where would I start explaining........ah, nemmind. Yep - it's a handy storage area all right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:05 am
I agree with HofT on the likelihood of the fellow having sleep apnea.

On the stink... I did have a similar experience. I personally have a poor sense of smell, so my own perception of the co-worker's presence in a room was different from other peoples' take on him. He was also a person from another bathing culture. His reeking persona was if nothing else a problem in a clinical laboratory, oft inspected by the state, and past that, a place where patients would file through and out after having their blood drawn.

Eventually the Office Manager, a woman of a certain age and grace, took him into her office (gaaah!) and explained at length her expectations re hygeine and what would result if improvements didn't follow. I have no idea if this was legal, but it worked.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:08 am
next time he falls alseep, duct tape him to the chair, soap him up and hose him down, and before you untie him tell him he can expect the same treatment until he either bathes his stinking ass or quits.

Of course you may have laws aqainst that kind of thing in Australia, but that's what Crocodile Dundee would do.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 11:33 am
Quote:
I think it's a little more complex than that, Farmerman...now, where would I start explaining

hmmm, Im thinking, I have no idea beyond the obvious utilitarian aspects of carrying things in ones butt. Do you have something else in mind perhaps.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:01 pm
Quote, "Eventually the Office Manager, a woman of a certain age and grace, took him into her office (gaaah!) and explained at length her expectations re hygeine and what would result if improvements didn't follow. I have no idea if this was legal, but it worked."

It depends on how long this situation prevailed, and how the supervisor handled the situation. Some misbehavior in the workplace becomes a condition of employment if not addressed soon enough. Even if addressed by the supervisor, it must be handled in a timely manner - with written warnings and consequences if not improved. One way to correct this problem in the future is to have any policy written in the personnel manual, but it'll be up to the supervisor to address it quickly. Most employment are conditioned on "free will" which allows the newly hired or the company to quit or fire at will. Even then, there are issues that must be addressed which doesn't appear discriminatory.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:07 pm
It was done in a timely manner, CI, as far as I remember... we all worked in close quarters. It was back in the seventies. Personnel manual? Heh. The company has grown to be a large one, and undoubtedly has a written manual now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:11 pm
osso, All companies with employees (other than family) should have a Personnel Manual. It's a legal document that protects both employees and employer. I've been away from the work force since 1998, so I'm not sure how many labor law changes have been made since then. When I worked, I used to hold classes in personnel management for the management staff. I enjoyed that part of my responsibilities.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
I know, CI.

Actually, that company probably had something written up even then when it was in its initial stages. I don't remember a manual though.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:28 pm
Of course it's legal to require standard hygiene or appropriate behavior. This excerpt is from standard public library regulations:

Use of the Library by patrons without proper dress attire is prohibited.
Offensive odor due to neglected bodily hygiene is prohibited.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 01:03 pm
Right, HofT, but I'm sure we didn't have a written rule on that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Offensive people
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 09:19:59