Questions about importing from China? Please help.

bones

Sat 18 Jun, 2005 12:06 pm
Hi

I would like to start by thanking everyone for the advice in this forum. When I found this forum, I thought I found gold! Very Happy

I have some questions and hope I can get some advice from the Pros here.

I am trying to import some sporting goods from a manufacturer from China to California. I am not sure of the procedures I am supposed to go thru. My products are new so I am not prepared to ship a whole container. I am thinking of shipping something smaller first.

How do I find out the duties on my goods and is it necessary to engage the services of custom broker? Initially, I was thinking there would be shipping company to ship my stuff from china to US and I just have to pick it up from the port. But it seemed so complicated after reading through the forum. If anyone could maybe tell me the steps from shipping from china to US, I would be so thankful. Question

I am so new to this and have so many questions....Any advise would be deeply appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 21 Jun, 2005 09:44 am
Have you asked your supplier any questions?

Have you even chatted up a customs broker for any answers?

If not, do!

Whether or not you need help (e.g. a customs broker) is largely contingient on what you are able to find out yourself.

The best way to do so is to start making calls and networking.
0 Replies