Is this mold?

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 07:06 pm
Hello! I have a pending contract on my first house and found this preexisting water damage in the crawl space under the house. The wood is not wet and is firm. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they think it looks like mold though? This is my first house and I don’t want to make a big mistake! Thanks so much in advance

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0O5d_KpqCdE5D683OUI-wMLtA#Tallahassee,_FL

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 02:08 am
@Bilhess13,
Relying on an answer you get on here would be a huge mistake. Put your hand in your pocket and get an expert to look at it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:20 am
@Bilhess13,
I did not look at at the picture - but did you hire a home inspector? Everyone should have a home inspector go through a house prior to making your purchase. I understand rules can vary by state to state (or country to country depending if you are outside the US) - but I know in my state, when you sign the agreement to purchase a home - it is always pending anything coming up in a home inspection.

It is a huge investment - why not shell out the small amount in comparison for a licensed home inspector.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this mold?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:11:28