Animals Do Not Survive Physical Death

harpazo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 07:56 am
@livinglava,
You can follow whatever or whoever you want. I will follow Jesus. At the end of life, we will see who is right and wrong.
livinglava

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 06:24 am
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

You can follow whatever or whoever you want. I will follow Jesus. At the end of life, we will see who is right and wrong.

I also follow Jesus, but that has nothing to do with seeking the truth about things except that we are forgiven when we fail to do so. Pride is the sin that causes people to close their minds and assume they don't have to question or think critically to seek truth. If all you do is believe whatever you've heard or read, then you are not connected with Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit is what guides you when you are seeking truth and the Bible says,
Quote:

Matthew 7
7Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…
harpazo

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 07:51 am
@livinglava,
Who is arguing here?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 03:50 pm
@harpazo,
She's outself-righteousing you.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 03:51 pm
@harpazo,
X has always been. X has no need for a middle man.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 05:42 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

Who is arguing here?

I have no idea how you think, but the shortness of your posts suggest that you are playing discussion like a poker game, which is in contrast to the position you seem to be taking, which is to strictly adhere to Biblical scripture in an orthodox way.

What I have tried to explain is that making scripture into mindless dogma is not the purpose of scripture. The purpose is to awaken Holy Spirit in people so they/we can experience Truth directly.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that 2+2=4, as far as I know, but that doesn't make it any less true, and nothing is true except because it is true beyond humans' ability to manipulate it. If humans make something seem true that isn't, that is a lie. So deciphering between truth and lies is something that brings us in contact with Holy Spirit, because Holy Spirit is God's Holy Spirit and true Truth (i.e. not false truth, i.e. not lies) is true because of God and not human doing.

So there is nothing wrong with exploring ideas and knowledge critically. In fact, anyone who claims that mindless dogmatism is more in adherence with God's word than exercising earnest truth-seeking is pedaling lies. This does not mean reject scripture, because scripture contains seeds of truth that will grow when you plant them in your mind and allow Holy Spirit to water/nourish them. But buying a packet of seeds and refusing to water them because you think the purpose of buying the seeds is to have seeds and not living plants is false.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.1 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:21:06