? for <b>timberlandko</b> regarding spybot

PC dr

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:03 pm
I saw in one of your posts where you gave the name of the free version of a payed removal tool. I believe it was spybot d&s or something of the sort. I can't find your post now, could you please give me the name?

Thanks much....PC_dr
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 469 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PC dr

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:05 pm
No html for new topics.... I see.....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:15 pm
Sorry - just noticed this.

Here's a convenient one-stop list free of antispyware basic tools I feel OK with recommending:

a-squared HijackFree (Really for advanced users, or for use under expert instruction)

AdAware Personal (A reliable, competent standard - I recommend it highly - proper configuration is a must, though)

CWShredder (A safe, free, reliable removal tool for many of the most common, most bothersome infestations)

HiJackThis (Very powerful - should be used only if you know what you're doing, or with expert advice. It is capable of crippling your machine if mis-used. It is uniquely useful for its analysis and logging of processes, registry settings, permissions, and downloaded applications.)

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware[/i][/u] (For XP only, but reliable, safe, and powerful)

Spybot S&D (Another safe, reliable, powerful standard, with loads of features for tweaking and securing your system. As with AdAware, proper configuration is a must)

Spyware Blaster (Very useful, particularly when employed along with Spybot S&D - it prevents installation of thousands of known yuckware apps)

WinPatrol (Another safe, reliable preventer - can be intrusive, though, in an irritatingly cutesy sorta way. I don't like it, but it works pretty well)

There are lots more, many specific to particular situations. I suggest a general course of action HERE, and in the near future, I'll be putting up a revised, updated "Start Here" routine for yuckware removal and prevention.

Oh, and BTW - as I mentioned to you on another thread, BBCode is the deal here, not HTML. I s'pose I oughtta mention formatting only works in message bisies, not in topic titles. For this site's FAQ, Help Forum, and Terms of Service/User Agreement, click on the appropriate color-formated link down in my signature box.
0 Replies