Do you think congress should out law states from making stupid laws ?

Methen

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 03:04 pm
Taking in to account that absolute insane and stupid laws that are being created everyday, especially laws that clearly violate the Us constitution, in my opinion are making America look to be very immature and just plain stupid, I feel that congress should inter seed to prevent these laws from even being passed, and take that states rights away from having the right to create laws until they have proven that have the maturity to handle such a responsibility, This would put a end in creating suck dumb laws in the first place which is clearly making America look so imature...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 437 • Replies: 10

maxdancona

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 03:08 pm
@Methen,
That would seem to violate the 10th amendment.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 03:33 pm
@Methen,
Stupid laws suck. I hate things that suck.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
This is a case where perspective is everyone. Many people think gun control laws are stupid. Other people think English only laws are stupid.

Obviously any state law that passes has people who believe it is not stupid.

Maybe Congress could ban stupid states.
jespah

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:52 pm
@Methen,
Of all of the things that make America look bad in history, the less than awesome laws some states have on their books are way, way down on the list.

As max says, it's likely a violation of the 10th Amendment that you're suggesting. Also, while slavery was a huge part of why we fought the Civil War, states' rights is up there as well. You don't want to open up that can of worms again.

Plus Congress already sits on its hands and does very little these days. Want to give them yet another reason to not get their job of legislating done?

Oh, one more thing. Who decides that a law is "stupid"? You? Me? Vermin Supreme? What's the criteria for a law being stupid? Who's got the burden of proving that? What's the standard?

Hint: because I said so isn't a standard or a criterion, and neither is Chile is laughing at us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 06:03 pm
I believe stupid laws are universal to government, whether national, state or local.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 11:11 am
@Methen,
Methen wrote:

Taking in to account that absolute insane and stupid laws that are being created everyday, especially laws that clearly violate the Us constitution, in my opinion are making America look to be very immature and just plain stupid,

Not really. Trump is doing that all on his own. Nobody outside America is bothered about individual state's laws unless they're planning a visit or doing business.

It's not an issue. Trump's disastrous presidency is.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 07:25 pm
@Methen,
Quote:
Do you think congress should out law states from making stupid laws ?

Yes, it shows a severe lack of even the most basic intelligence.

They should intercede on such dumb laws.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:09 pm
@Methen,
116th United States Congress

Introduced in the House of Representatives

Inter Seed On Suck Dumb Laws Act of 2019, H R 1

Preamble

An Act to out law out law states' laws and quash stupid laws made by legislators with a sever lack of basic intelligence.

Taking in to account that absolute insane and stupid laws that are being created everyday, especially laws that clearly violate the Us constitution, making America look to be very immature and just plain stupid, congress shall henceforth inter seed to prevent these laws from even being passed, and take that states rights away from having the right to create laws until they have proven that have the maturity to handle such a responsibility, This would put a end in creating suck dumb laws in the first place which is clearly making America look so imature...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 08:45 am
@Methen,
Methen wrote:

Taking in to account that absolute insane and stupid laws that are being created everyday, especially laws that clearly violate the Us constitution, in my opinion are making America look to be very immature and just plain stupid, I feel that congress should inter seed to prevent these laws from even being passed, and take that states rights away from having the right to create laws until they have proven that have the maturity to handle such a responsibility, This would put a end in creating suck dumb laws in the first place which is clearly making America look so imature...

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes
How the frack do you plan on wording this Herculean bill?

I'm hoping you're aren't the one to define what is stupid and what is reasonable. You're whole premise is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

(Highlighting a few crappy grammatical mistakes... just because.... Not to mention that this whole rant is one run-on sentence.)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 08:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Maybe Congress could ban stupid states.

I think even the majority of Floridians would ban the entire state of Florida on this basis.
0 Replies