why hasnt anyone heard of him?

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 03:13 pm
every time someone ask me my favorite writer. i say robert jordan but every time i say his name i get the same answer. whos that? does anybody other then myself read his books? sometimes i feel alone on the subject. but i think he is an amazing writer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 982 • Replies: 10
No top replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 11:42 pm
wheel of time, right? i don't have the time to read him, and even if i did, i'd read something else, because fantasy isn't my thing. but i've heard of him, fwiw.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 08:13 pm
Most people aren't into fantasy lit. (It's okay to admit that you're a nerd; there are support groups for people like us; don't live in denial.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:03 pm
I'm a fantasy reader and I've enjoyed most of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, but I'm getting a bit impatient with the increasing time between new volumes. The first installment was printed in 1990 and the end is not yet in sight.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:39 am
Ohh...I know how you feel bigoneisback. Has anyone heard of Christina Stead? Her For Love Alone book is almost telling my story exactly (it was stead's bio, part II.) Her first bio was "the man who loved children"
0 Replies

Snowlock

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:02 am
The end is in sight for the Wheel of Time. In fact, Robert Jordan stated many years ago that the series would be 15 books. 12 in the series and 3 prequels.

Since that time he has elaborated, and this is as it stands from what I've heard / read. The series will consist of 12 books if he can fit all the ending material into the 11th and 12th books. If not, it will be 13. And he plans to write 3 prequel novels.

He has averaged 2 to 3 years between each release, and the 11th book is to debut in October 2005. This means the 12, and possibly the final book, will be on shelves 2008 / 2009.

The prequels will obviously take longer, but they haven't been pertinent to the overall story...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:04 am
I followed the wheel of time for several years. Just lost interest somewhere along the way.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:49 pm
I just checked Amazon and Knife of Dreams which will be released in October is to have 1000 pages. It will be a substantial read.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:03 pm
That's just how you know you're getting your money's worth. :wink: (Make them writers earn their pay!)
0 Replies

ElijahQF

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 02:56 pm
Woooo! So far i believe Robert Jordan is the best fantasy writer of all time!

Some people say they're too impatient for the releases, but i've only read them 4 years ago... so i can wait

I've tried other Fantasy writers like Terry Goodkind, David Farland, George R.R. Martin. but they made me vomit. Though honestly i have only read a single book from them each.
Feist was decent... and J.K. Rowling is great
but none come close to Robert Jordan
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:56 pm
no fantasy reader, me, but i thought Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams was alright; may have something to do with the fact that i used to have a pet cat.
0 Replies