Lord of the Flies

Plamz

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 03:17 pm
If you had to write an epilogue for Lord of The Flies how would you do it? Do you know any places on the web that talk about that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,835 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 06:47 pm
Well, I suppose I'd start with the ending. E. g. how have the characters changed? What will they be like as they return to society and are forced to answer for what they did on the island?

How would you write such an epilogue?

PS Welcome to Able2Know!
0 Replies

Plamz

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 08:21 pm
Well Actually I have to write one for my English class and I haven't decided yet how to do it. Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:04 pm
The conch is mine!

You suck my assmar!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:06 pm
I meant, sucks to your assmar!
0 Replies

Plamz

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:45 pm
umm...yeah...not really helping here Slappy Doo Hoo but 10x anyway :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:21 pm
supposing the characters, following rescue, joined the ranks of Fleet Street, MP's of Parliment, a plumber in Leeds, a drug addict in Amsterdam and a couple of them opened a pub just north of Hyde Park.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:48 am
Make it short. Have them return to the island, bring back their memories and end it with a quote.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:04 pm
Hmmm the characters start out as civilized but the book shows that the veneer of civilization is pretty thin. But then they return to civilization, but they've changed. Is the change irrevocable?

If it's irrevocable, then the boys are more or less fated to become criminals, I figure. If it isn't, then how and why? Could a boy change back by willpower? Therapy? Love?

The book also makes them out (for the most part) to be a rabble, or mob. Do they return to more independent thinking? Or is the mob traded for something else, like cliques or the army or a gang or a cult?
0 Replies