Renting Room In NYC

chai2

Tue 15 Oct, 2019 04:39 pm
@harpazo,
Your original post?
You mean the one that says this?

harpazo wrote:

If this woman does not return my deposit, where in New York City or what phone number can I call to report this person for renting illegal rooms in her house? What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong.

If you weren't moving, you wouldn't give a sh!t about right or wrong.

Just like you don't give a sh!t about taking income away from someone, or putting 3 other people out of a home.

That is just plan what's wrong is wrong.

If you were so concerned about the legality of this woman renting rooms, you wouldn't have rented from her in the first place.

You shot yourself in the foot complaining about things that are totally within the law.
When did you want these workmen to work outside the home, or inside? At night when you're at work?

Doesn't work that way and you know it.

Workmen make noise. Workman work during the day. Your complaining about things that are day to day practice among workmen is ridiculous.

If you kept your mouth shut and understood these were temporary things, and that there were options like white noise generators or ear plugs or noise canceling ear phones, you'd still have a place to live.

It's not bad enough you had to complain about things that aren't anyone's fault, you have to threaten to do things that will make things bad for multiple people.

That's wrong, wrong, wrong.

0 Replies

beantownmike

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 04:02 am
@harpazo,

You're being thrown out regardless so that means you either broke a written or a verbal contract in the landlords view Oh wait you're not even technically renting because "She's renting illegally".
How the hell do you know she didn't pull permits? It's not your god damn concern if she did or didn't.
You remind me of one of those stupid assholes I see in the newspaper from time to time who calls the police & gets booked because he reported that his $500 got stolen the same $500 he gave some random douche for a bag of cocaine.

The fact you keep getting kicked out of places just leads to there being a internal problem whether it be you keep renting from shitty people or being in shitty situations. STOP DOING THAT!
You don't drink or do drugs, whatever the case may be it doesn't matter.
You definitely do something that is making you a problem to live with where ever you go.
harpazo

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 08:12 am
@beantownmike,
According to the house owner, I complain too much about noise. I have been living in rooms since 2011. This is the first time that I am being kicked out. Yes, most furnished rooms are illegal renting.
chai2

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 09:12 am
@harpazo,
Yeah, we all know why you're being kicked out. Because you complain about stuff that no one can do anything about.

So you have knowingly for YEARS rented illegal rooms, but that all right?
But it's wrong for your landlady to do the renting. You are going to be the avenging angel and report some woman who's just trying to get by, like everyone else, and put 3 other people out of their homes?

You're a real prince.

harpazo

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:44 am
@chai2,
I have no choice but to live in a room and share kitchen and bathroom with others. Obviously Einstein, if I could rent my own place, don't you think I would have done that? THINK FOR A MINUTE. THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE.

Question:

I make $15/hr. This is minimum wage in NY State. My biweekly check is $952 after taxes. The cheapest rent I found on craigslist recently is $1050/month. I must purchase a weekly metrocard for $33. I eat mostly outside.

Tenants steal food from the kitchen area. It is very expensive to eat out all the time. My cell phone monthly bill is $75. I am currently paying back a bank loan at $79.83 on a monthly basis.

All this means nothing to most of you but at $15/hour, it all adds up. DO YOU NOW COMPREHEND WHY I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO RENT A ROOM IN A SITUATION MOST PEOPLE RUN AWAY FROM? HONESTLY, DO YOU GET IT?
Linkat

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 11:10 am
@harpazo,
That is why I did not criticize you for living in an "illegal" renting situation. However, I agree with Chai that you are calling the kettle black. But some landlords do take advantage of renters even illegal ones due to lack of affordable housing - but putting that aside.

And you are not going to get much positive responses or help by insulting people.

Some thoughts - you could get an additional job - there are jobs especially for the minimum wage rate everywhere - these are in huge demand.

You could get rid of your cell phone or if you need a phone get the lowest cost program. Now understand if that is the situation you get be using extra services and will be limited on texting and data usage but you can adjust to that if you use it only for necessary reasons.

For eating outside - yes that is a huge expense. If you are worried about other tenants stealing your food - keep it in your room. Now granted you will be limited on food that does not need to refrigerated, but you should be able to keep canned and dry goods. Just buy what you need of perishables when you are going to cook. That should reduce your food bill by quite alot (and you probably would eat healthier).

Also you may qualify for assistance - such as assistance for food - have you tried that?

My last thought is to consider moving someone where the cost of living is less. Now the minimum wage will be less as well - but in comparison you should be better off. Go to the library and do some research - you could potentially line up a job ahead of time somewhere that the rent is less and you have your own small place.
chai2

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 11:40 am
@Linkat,
Link at. This guy is purposely going off on whatever trail he can find in order to avoid talking about the fact that he’s willing to do great harm to others because he’s in a snit if he loses his deposit. Which btw he doesn’t even know will happen. Now he’s gotten to the point where he doesn’t even bother to make any connection at all to what was said to him. He’s gotten that deep into his crap.

Notice how he has never once commented on the fact he’s willing to cut off someone’s income because “what right is right, and what’s wrong in wrong”. That is, unless it helps him. He also has no problem putting others out of their home for the same reason.

You’ll also note he has never again brought up that right and wrong comment because it so badly bit him in the ass.

Personally I don’t feel insulted because I get that this is all he’s capable of offering in response. I also get that he completely understands what is being said to him about his desire to punish someone else as he can’t be accountable for his part. Also that he equally can’t care about the fact he’s willing to do harm to totally innocent people because of his lack of accountability.
harpazo

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 12:49 pm
@Linkat,
1. I did not start the insults here. Others decided to attack me.

2. I have no tv set, no radio, no instrument, no form of personal entertainment EXCEPT for my cell and tablet. Why go to a cheaper service? Are you suggesting that I go back to Colonial America? Just go outside and look at trees grow?

3. I have a city job. Why would I leave NYC? TO DO WHAT AND WHERE?

4. I used to keep can goods in former rooms but this only attracts roaches and mice.

5. I don't qualify for food stamps. Already tried that avenue. I am former Navy and do not qualify for food stamps but illegal aliens jump over a wall and not only get food stamps but free education at the expense of tax payers. What is this garbage called DACA? Trump has my vote in 2020.
chai2

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:18 pm
@harpazo,
What does that do with anything?
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:23 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

1. I did not start the insults here. Others decided to attack me.

2. I have no tv set, no radio, no instrument, no form of personal entertainment EXCEPT for my cell and tablet. Why go to a cheaper service? Are you suggesting that I go back to Colonial America? Just go outside and look at trees grow?

3. I have a city job. Why would I leave NYC? TO DO WHAT AND WHERE?

4. I used to keep can goods in former rooms but this only attracts roaches and mice.

5. I don't qualify for food stamps. Already tried that avenue. I am former Navy and do not qualify for food stamps but illegal aliens jump over a wall and not only get food stamps but free education at the expense of tax payers. What is this garbage called DACA? Trump has my vote in 2020.

Sorry just trying to help - you do have choices - they may not be appealing to you but that is where you stand right now.

I think that people have responded in a certain way because of how you talk or represent yourself - you do not give much in the way to make people feel sympathetic towards you.

I just provided you some thoughts that could help - are they easy no - but what is your alternative? Why do to a cheaper service? Because you cannot afford the current one. You can always go to the library and get a book or books - that is a free form of entertainment. And actually going to a walk in the park is another free form of entertainment - you could watch the trees grow, look at the flowers, people watch... all those are free. You live in NYC - just walking outside should be filled of entertainment.

As far as leaving NYC - you complain that it is expensive that is why. I did not suggest you immediately leave - I said begin doing some research at the library where the internet service is free.

You are a vet - then go to your local vet office and see what they have to offer and also what they can help you with potentially finding employment in area that is better cost of living.

Also - I suggested seeking out another job - my husband did this to help pay for some additional expenses we have. You are in the city - there has to be jobs even for one day a week where you do not work.

There are options - you just need to get off your butt and do it.
Linkat

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:25 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Link at. This guy is purposely going off on whatever trail he can find in order to avoid talking about the fact that he’s willing to do great harm to others because he’s in a snit if he loses his deposit. Which btw he doesn’t even know will happen. Now he’s gotten to the point where he doesn’t even bother to make any connection at all to what was said to him. He’s gotten that deep into his crap.

Notice how he has never once commented on the fact he’s willing to cut off someone’s income because “what right is right, and what’s wrong in wrong”. That is, unless it helps him. He also has no problem putting others out of their home for the same reason.

You’ll also note he has never again brought up that right and wrong comment because it so badly bit him in the ass.

Personally I don’t feel insulted because I get that this is all he’s capable of offering in response. I also get that he completely understands what is being said to him about his desire to punish someone else as he can’t be accountable for his part. Also that he equally can’t care about the fact he’s willing to do harm to totally innocent people because of his lack of accountability.

Hoping that kindness and understanding a bit might cause this person to actually think a bit. I honestly think this dude is looking for a bit of sympathy even though he is not a sympathetic character.
0 Replies

harpazo

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:34 pm
@Linkat,
I thank you. Let's see what 2020 brings my way.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 02:17 pm
@chai2,
I thought harassing anyone sexually for any reason was wrong. Have things changed in the 68 years since I was 18?
harpazo

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 06:29 am
@RABEL222,
Avoid chai2. Likes to dispute endlessly.
Linkat

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:13 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

Avoid chai2. Likes to dispute endlessly.

Yeah she scares me - she is small but mighty! You should avoid her.
chai2

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:33 pm
@Linkat,
Believe me, I'm no longer that small.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/94/3b/29943b895e3fdbd81835d175be7d6d81.gif
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 08:23 pm
OMG!!!

You have me pegged so perfectly~!

I was brought to Canada at age 15 to begin my training as the future comfort girl for an oligarch there. However, on the night we finally met, after I turned 18, he immediately fell in love with me. He arranged for his then wife to "disappear"

I'll have to admit it was fun for a few months. Then he caught me with his best friend, who was an African Canadian. He wasn't exactly displeased at first, and we 3 lived together in harmony for the next 15 years.

Then sadly both relationships de-evolved and I found myself on the road with my Sensei, Carlson. Over the next few years, I developed my ninja skills and played a critical role in the development of the Triads in South Dakota.

Currently I'm an importer of cellophane noodles and figit spinners.
glitterbag

Sat 19 Oct, 2019 12:10 am
@chai2,
I just knew it!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:24:58