unAable2disagree?

parados

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:14 am
lynx.

It had nothing to do with people being against science here. It had everything to do with your attitude about civility and following the rules.

I have no idea where you have been on the internet but most places I have been have rules that you have to follow if you want to post there. The rules may vary from place to place but you always have to agree to them before you can post. It isn't our fault if you failed to read or abide by the rules.

I think it is common to not read all the rules when joining any forum. I know I don't. Most of them are just boilerplate anyway. But don't get in such a state when you don't follow them. The rules were enforced. Accept it and don't break that rule in the future. If you don't like the rules you certainly don't have to stick around. Basedon your posts so far it is obvious you will soon get a reputation if you do bother to stick around longer than a day.

As for science, there are some very knowledgable people with advanced degrees on here. There are also lots with varying desires to try to understand various levels of scientific endeavor and we have our share of luddites. That is part of what makes A2K so interesting. Lots of opinions backed up with lots of different experiences.

Easy to link your image. IMG button asks for the link to the image and doesn't violate TOS as long as the image is PG-13.

I doubt you know any "nematodes" based on your postings. The juvenile actions you have taken so far mean people here will think you are 12.

Good luck if you decide to stick around. Even us adults have to follow the rules.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:59 am
Parados, actually speaking of nematodes I do know that, it´s part of an ecology-degree. If you want to go personal it means you are running out of arguments. I posted that I think that the t.o.s are silly and yes, I know that i violated them. And as I say everyone can violate them since they can be updated anytime.

Parados, I don´t want to make a Parodi of your statement , but when you go on personal attacks you are the one acting like a 12 year old.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 12:13 pm
I edited the first message due to personal attacks recieved.
Mature behaviour! Will I continue using this site? Probably not.
Will the able2shop adress be allowed to stay in the thread.

Certainly
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 12:17 pm
lynxlynx wrote:
I edited the first message due to personal attacks recieved.
Mature behaviour! Will I continue using this site? Probably not.
Will the able2shop adress be allowed to stay in the thread.

Certainly

It's a private site, lynxlynx. The rules can be applied however the people who run the site want them to be.

There are other sites with other rules, and other levels of application of those rules.

We all make our choices.

I come to this site primarily to be entertained (though I know some people dislike being considered entertainment), and go to other sites for other purposes.

We make our choices.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 12:57 pm
I think they will continue to keep their shop site up since it helps to support our free posting and reading. Cyberspace has to be paid for.

For some curious reason, I suspect the rules against advertising don't apply for ads about the site itself, just as you can't go into one supermarket and post the specials for another supermarket. However, the supermarket is indeed allowed to advertise it's own specials.

I think this whole thing is getting a little silly.

We all like to think we know what normal behavior is, and when we find that we have accidentally crossed a rule when we are engaging in what we think is normal behavior, we tend to let off steam. That's what lynxlynx did here.

Let's not all pick up on it and turn this into "follow the rules or leave"-the fellow just got here. No need to get into arguments, the matter is straightened out, welcome to A2K and have some fun posting.

If you are going to leave, lynxlynx, I think it would be a shame to leave not because you didn't find the responses suitable, but because you got bogged down in an argument about some rules of the site itself.

Why not just start a thread on a topic you want, according to the rules you now are aware of, see how it goes, and make your judgment from that? Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » unAable2disagree?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 02:15:25