unAable2disagree?

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
I´m taking away the original message after the personal attacks recieved by
some people on this forum.

It pretty much puts them on the Unable to disagree list.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 24
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:32 am
I think I saw one before it was pulled -- didn't it direct people to your blog?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
I got my vote in before the goon squad comes. When you are out and about today, be careful. Be very careful . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
because you might step on a crack and break your mama's back!
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:40 am
Yes i did mention my blog to show the pic of the plant.
The reason was that I didn´t want to put pics on the forum,since it´s a big waste of space. And I dont know how toaddf pics to the post here.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:42 am
I have tried to find the rules for postis but they´re not easy to find. Neither the contactinfo.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:43 am
Well, there ya go. Directing people to your website is against the terms of service here, even if there isn't money involved. If you do it without a link to your site you may have better luck.

There's an image tutorial around here someplace... just a sec.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:46 am
Here it is:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=136

Oh, and here's the terms of service (actually they call it the Terms of Use -- link at the bottom of the pag):

http://www.able2know.com/disclaimer.php

Contact info is the "contact us" or "help" buttons, also at the bottom of the page.

(That everything? ;-))
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:47 am
lynxlynx- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Did you read the rules to which you agreed when you signed up for A2K?
Take a look at this one.

Quote:
The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what consitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know.

I had always thought that scientifically oriented folks were scrupulous about detail. Looks like you missed the boat on this one!
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:48 am
Thank you Smile . Let´s see how long this thread lasts. I guess critisicing might be forbidden in the bolds to. Smile .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:49 am
What exactly are you criticizing, lynxlynx? That they enforced the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up? ;-)
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:53 am
Yup i clearly broke it. I asked people to be a part of the poll, and to not break it again I will correct myself and ask everybody to not vote in the poll on this thread. I published a poll because i don´t want anyone to vote. Especially not know what they´re voting on.

No i actually don´t read the terms of service, most people don´t.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
That's not the point. As far as I can tell:

1.) In signing up, you said you agreed to the terms of service.

2.) You broke the terms of service by posting a link to your blog (not the poll.)

3.) The terms of service were enforced.

<shrug>
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 09:58 am
Well I didn´read the t.o.s , and I think it´s completely ridiculous and frankly it´s the only forum I have ever found with such rules. In my view mentioning a webadress is not directing. Just because I say Sweden doesn´t mean that you´re on the way to Sweden. Neither does mentioning www.able2shop.com direct people to that place unless they copy and paste and activley move the cursor to the adressline. Ooops I mentioned an adress, and it´s a commercial one to, but hey it´s theirs so it´s probably gona stay there.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
I have now reported the message with the adress to the store www.able2shop.com , shoot I have to report this one to. Hopefully it will result in term9natin of the membership to this site lol.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:37 am
I don't see what the fuss is about.

True, most people don't read the Terms Of Service-I just read them yesterday, and I have been here over a year.

But now that you know the Terms of Service or Use or whatever has a prohibition against linking to one's personal website, everything has become clear.

I guess they don't want to have people coming on here whose basic aim is to advertise their own website. Incidentally, I have read of other websites with similar rules.

I really don't see how it is anything to get angry about-they provide the free cyberspace, posting is free, just follow the rules and you're all set.

Pity that you inadvertently crossed the rules right out of the box, but I hope you give the place a chance anyway. Looks like just one of those things. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:46 am
Quote:
Well I didn´read the t.o.s , and I think it´s completely ridiculous and frankly it´s the only forum I have ever found with such rules.

Hey, its your choice. This is a forum run by private individuals. As such, they are entitled to design the forum any way that they see fit. It is up to each potential member to decide, for him/herself whether they are comfortable with the parameters set out by the administrators of the forum.

If you think that the rules are ridiculous, you are not forced to stay with the site. It is entirely up to you.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:47 am
as far as providing an address to a blog goes, a2k has no problem with adding the url of one's blog to one's user profile. then, every post on a2k has a www button at the bottom, that directs anyone clicking it to the blog. seems like a reasonable workaround to me.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:59 am
I think that´s a good way, and what I found silly was to go on private pages like that. I c the point, yes it´s in the t.o.s and by the way they can change those whenever they want to to whatever they want to, so if it wasn´t there it can be. True I don´t have to stay here, and considering the t.o.s. i might not.
0 Replies

lynxlynx

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
I gotta say that the adress to their shopsite is still hanging in there.
I know of nematodes that act faster.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » unAable2disagree?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 02:24:28