weblogs

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:38 am
Do YOU have a weblog? Which one do you like using the best? I'm not asking anyone to provide a link to their own personal journal, just the websites.

I use LiveJournal and I like it because its easy to use, but it doesn't look very professional. Blogger.com seems to be a pain to use. I was just wondering if there were other good ones out there. My google type searches don't turn up many results.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,079 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 08:18 am
I use blogger. It doesn't seem like a pain to me because I don't know what I'm doing.
0 Replies

sarah brooks

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 02:44 pm
i use Livejournal aswell , it's easier and my friends all have 1 so it's ok , although some times i think wat is the point because no-body reads it or replys so really your speaking to yourself , i know people can read it but i just don't understand sometimes ,hahaahah
0 Replies

crucifixation

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 02:56 pm
i too use livejournal \

my journal is all about music downloading .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:43 am
I don't use any services (I like to control any software that I put time and content into) and will usually use opensource software if I need to setup a blog.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:06 am
I use livejournal here. But I've also got an MSN Space for my family to view.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:43 pm
bookmarking
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:31 pm
I'm with JoeN.

Finally got the hang of it, and will probably venture to a more customizable one in the next six to twelve months.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 03:35 am
I wouldn't have a clue about knowing where or how to find open source software, nor would I know what to do once I was able to do so. It's a thrill for me to figure out how to do the inserts into Blogger. There is very little clear instruction on how or what to do, I just plod around and use my secret decoder ring to learn how to a<:watch this space:> and see what happens.

Sometimes nothing happens.

Joe(hmmm, well how about
Code: :?
)Nation
0 Replies

Swordfish78

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:03 pm
i use blgger just coz its the first one i came across.
Can u edit the meat tags in the blog for livejournal,typead etc???There is no option like that for blogger.

Yes,its a pain not to have any comments.Comments are the biggest inspiration to post more.

I'll give the link to my blog once it takes a good shaoe..not b4 that

use invisible counters it will help to know who all are coming to our blogs.You can then go to theirs and build a relationship. www.hitslog.com provides a good one.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:52 am
Livejournal just added a "tags" feature in their opions... for when you're adding a new journal entry.
0 Replies

Poseur

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 05:20 pm
I use greatestjournal -- it's a prettier, easier-to-use version of livejournal.

I also like xanga, even though the majority of its users are either complete morons, cutters/emo kids, or pretentious losers.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 01:21 am
I use LiveJournal but now I've found www.wordpress.com so I'm using that at the moment the most.
0 Replies

bluefin

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 03:17 pm
Weblogs
there are thousands of them on the internet
if you search properly and eep you will find many
and on alomost each weblob you find links to hundreds more
check out this web page http://www.weblogs.com/
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:14 am
I've used Livejournal for a long time, but I've gotten so irritated with their site lately. Sometimes I'll try and post a long entry, and it gives me an error, and then my entry is just lost! It happens with comments as well.

I'm very tempted to get another one, but I like the privacy settings on livejourna.

Yahoo has a thing now called 360, with privacy settings, but I haven't really tried it yet.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:52 pm
HickoryStick wrote:
Yahoo has a thing now called 360, with privacy settings, but I haven't really tried it yet.

I was actually going to ask if anyone has tried it.
I've seen it & thought about it, but wanted to know if anyone's used it & how easy it is.

Maybe someone will come in & tell us. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:52 pm
got one and I don't really like it
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:11 pm
husker wrote:
got one and I don't really like it

Thanks for your reply, husker.
Sorry you don't like it.
I was just curious Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:49 pm
Kehoe
I should re-qualify that having a blog or log on your own domain is good from the point it allows in my opinion more options for look, feel, and customization. I've been frustrated with blogspot and blogger.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:03 am
I agree it's a good idea.
I'm still looking around.
Haven't decided on one yet. Very Happy
0 Replies