Bad Cruises and their impacts

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 10:02 am
We have heard of some issues with cruise lines - now granted the majority seems to go without a hitch and are probably quite enjoyable.

My thoughts especially after this most recent one - I think I'd rather go to a resort or travel on my own on land. At least if there is an issue I have the option to leave - being stranded on a ship with sewage issues, spoiled food, etc. - you have no choice even paying out of pocket.

This latest issue was a 2 week cruise to see the fjords - due to bad weather they could not stop at some scheduled places so they made an unscheduled stop at a small Norwegian town that had been closed to tourists since September 25, so there was nothing for us to do and not even anywhere to get something to eat.

The passengers had a near riot due to above and other issues -
the ship's sewage system was 'failing'. Many passengers said food served in the restaurants had gone stale, he crew seized some passengers' passports without explanation, 'near rioting' was filmed on passengers' phones but one tourist claimed the crew turned off the ship's internet to stop the footage going online...

What did they get after this craziness - a 25% refund for a future cruise.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 228 • Replies: 1
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 11:40 am
@Linkat,
We're a cruise town, we get lots of passengers. We're not shut either.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bad Cruises and their impacts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:50:17